Visit Colorado to Explore Majestic Rocky Mountains!!
Colorado is a western state in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States of America. Colorado is nicknamed the "Centennial State" because it became a state one century after the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence. Denver is the capital of the state. Colorado features majestic Rocky Mountains, rolling hills, rivers, streams, and high desert of the Colorado Plateau. The state attracts the fancy of nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts with activities such as Skiing, hiking, mountain climbing, biking, scenic drives, and lots more. So, travelers planning a trip to Colorado are suggested to book flights to Colorado much in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.Top Attractions in Colorado
There are plenty of attractions to keep visitors busy in Colorado. Some of these include - Rocky Mountain National Park, Mesa Verde National Park, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak in Pike National Forest, Durango and the Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway, San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway and the Million Dollar Highway, Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness, and Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve to name a few attractions.Famous Festivals and Events in Colorado
Colorado celebrates various events and festivals all through the year. some of these include - Boulder Creek Festival, Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Denver Parade of Lights, Aspen Music Festival, Great American Beer Festival, Cherry Creek Arts Festival, Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, Pikes Peak Marathon, Colorado State Fair, Colorado Springs Balloon Classic, Denver Oktoberfest, and Colorado Mountain Winefest. Tourists interested in attending any of these festivals are advised to do bookings in advance to enjoy cheap flights to ColoradoInteresting Facts about Colorado
- Colorado is the only state that lies entirely above 1,000 meters.
- The 30 highest major summits of the Rocky Mountains all lie within Colorado.
- In spite of being incredibly mountainous, Colorado boasts an average of 300 sunny days per year.
- Colorado is the only state to turn down an Olympic bid.
- Due to its high elevation, Colorado is home to some of the world’s most popular ski resorts. Also, the snow season can easily run for nearly the entire year.
Tricks to Get Cheap Flight Tickets to Colorado
Best Time to Visit Colorado
- Use airline miles to save on tickets.
- Be flexible with travel dates, and time.
- Plan trip in the off-season.
- Sign-up for price alerts.
- Choose a cheaper destination, flying into a less popular city can help you grab a bargain.
Colorado enjoys 300 days of sunshine, which means it still glows even when it snows. Summer is the favourite season of most tourists. This is the time when tourists can enjoy most of the outdoor activities. Winter is the time to indulge in skiing, snowboarding, dog sledding, ice fishing, tubing, skating, cross country skiing and more. Spring is the season to explore mountains, while autumn season is good for hiking, camping, and cycling. Travelers planning to fly to Colorado are advised to book plane tickets to Colorado in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the region, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!