Honolulu is the capital and largest city of the US state of Hawaii. The city is the main point of entry for most visitors to the state. Hawaii is a popular tourist destination that lures tourists from around the world who look for cheap flights to Honolulu to explore its gorgeous beaches and enjoy its tropical climate. Honolulu is roughly divided into three regions - Waikiki, Downtown, and Pearl Harbor. The main attraction of the city is Waikiki, featuring appealing stretch of soft-sandy beach. Waikiki is one of the most densely populated regions in the whole of the United States. Downtown region forms the centre and historical part of the city, and features plenty of attractions to explore including museums, historic buildings, and famous statues.
Honolulu means 'Sheltered Bay or 'Peace of Shelter.' The city has served as the capital of Hawaii since 1845. Honolulu is a major centre for finance international business, and military defence. Honolulu gained historical importance after the attack on Pearl Harbor by Japan. In 2015, Honolulu was ranked high on world liveability rankings. It was also ranked as the 2nd safest city in the US.
Top Attractions in Honolulu
Top attractions worth booking flights to Honolulu include -
- Pearl Harbor
- Iolani Palace
- Shangri La
- USS Arizona Memorial
- USS Missouri Battleship
- Koko Crater Railway Trail
- Diamond Head State Monument
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
- Bishop Museum and Planetarium
Famous Festivals and Events
- Hawaii Zouk Festival - This festival celebrates unity between dances and dancers.
- The Mayjah Rayjah - This music festival is celebrated in July and features artists from all over the globe.
- Aloha Festivals, All Islands - It's a month-long largest Hawaiian cultural celebration in the United States.
- Merrie Monarch Festival, Hilo, Hawaii Island - This annual festival celebrated in April is a weeklong celebration of Hawaiian Hula.
- Hawaii International Music Festival - Held in August, this festival celebrates music by bringing internationally acclaimed musicians.
Interesting Facts about Honolulu
- Residents in Honolulu can be fined for not owning a boat.
- Honolulu is the only city in the United States that is home to a royal palace.
- More than 100 beaches surround Honolulu, more than almost any other city in the world.
- There’s no falling back or springing ahead in Honolulu, as it does not participate in daylight savings time.
- Thank Honolulu for Casual Friday. Back in the 1970s, clothing companies in Honolulu convinced executives to allow employees
to dress down so they could sell clothes. The relaxed dress code then circled around the whole country and spread to rest of the world.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the country, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQs for Booking Canada to Honolulu Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Honolulu?
The best time to travel to Honolulu is between mid-April to early June, and between September and mid-December. During these shoulder seasons, attractions are less crowded. The time between late December and early April is a peak tourist season so book flights in advance, to get Honolulu flight deals if planning a visit during this time.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Honolulu?
Follow the tricks below to get cheap Honolulu plane tickets
- Be flexible with the day and time of traveling.
- Avoid booking for peak season and holiday weekend to enjoy cheap flights.
- Check alternate airports, the more options you have in terms of airports and travel dates, the more likely you will be able to find the best deals on airfare.
- Use different airlines and book two separate one-way flights. It is often cheaper.
- Consider a longer layover. Flights with longer layovers usually have lower prices.
What is the cheapest airline to fly to Hawaii?
Which month is the cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
September is the cheapest month to fly to Hawaii. Avoid visiting in the months between late December and April, when flight prices can be up-to 43% more expensive.
Which airlines offer flights to Honolulu from Toronto?
- United airlines
- Delta Airlines
- American Airlines
Which airlines offers flights to Honolulu from Vancouver?
- United Airlines
- Westjet Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines