Why Rent a Car in Anchorage with us?
Rent a car on CheapOair.ca and explore Anchorage at your leisure. A rental car is one of the best means to visit all your favorite attractions in Anchorage including Alaska Native Heritage Center, Anchorage Zoo, and Hillberg Ski Area. When you book a rental car with us, you will always get the best Anchorage car rental deals. Apart from saving big with our cheap rates, renting a car with us is also very easy and convenient. All you have to do is, choose a car that suits your needs and you can pick up your rental car, right at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport or have it delivered at your hotel.Getting Around Anchorage
Beautiful mountains, rare wildlife and delicious cuisines attract people to the city of Anchorage. The best way to explore this city is by renting a car which not only gives you more freedom but also saves you from the unpredictability of public transport. If you are visiting the city for the first time then these are some of the tips that will come in handy.
• Speed limit in residential zones is 25 mph, while it can go up to 65 mph on the highways.
• There are plenty of parking spots in downtown Anchorage so there is no need to worry. Some of the best places to park your car would be the garages situated on the 311 L Street and 444 H Street.
• 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM are the peak hours of traffic so avoid congested areas like 3rd Avenue and Diamond Boulevard during these hours.Take a Day Trip!
• Adventure lovers should plan a day trip to Girdwood which is about 40 miles from Anchorage. Offering some of the most challenging skiing trails that test both your talent and stamina, Girdwood certainly impresses adventure enthusiasts' big time.
• Drive around 120 miles to reach Seward which is considered the perfect day trip destination. Whether you want to explore rare wildlife, enjoy mountain biking or taste delicious cuisines, there is something for everyone here.