Denpasar is the capital and largest city of the island of Bali in Indonesia. The city is located in the south of Bali. Denpasar is bursting with beautiful temples, magnificent palaces, and intriguing museums. The city is also known for shopping. Denpasar is the seat of government in Bali and is therefore home to the provincial governor's office. Tourists look for cheap flights to Denpasar to explore its laid-back beaches, sunrise views, and beautiful attractions. Travelers planning a trip to Denpasar are advised to book flights to Denpasar in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
Top Attractions in Denpasar
Some of the attractions worth booking Denpasar flights are -
- Shark Island
- Sakenan Temple
- Jagatnatha Temple
- Denpasar Arts Centre
- Bajra Sandhi Monument
- Ngurah Rai Mangrove Forest
- Fingerprint Painting Museum
- Bali Provincial Public Museum
- Desa Budaya Kertalangu Cultural Village
- Turtle Conservation and Education Centre
Famous Festivals and Events in Denpasar
- Denpasar Festival
- Bali Arts Festival
- Denpasar Yoga Festival
Interesting Facts about Denpasar (Bali)
- Tourism is the largest industry in Bali in terms of income.
- Bali has a culture of welcoming everyone and hence they had a no-entrance gate policy.
- Bali has only two seasons - The dry season (April to October) and the wet season (October to April).
- It is amazing that every priest of every religion in Bali is paid by the government giving its true secular identity.
- Nyepi Day is the Day of Silence in Bali. On this day, the whole island shuts down, and no work, commute or even noise is allowed
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the city, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Canada to Denpasar Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Denpasar?
The best time to visit Denpasar is during dry season, between April and September. Though weather during this time is humid, it is not as uncomfortable as during the wet season. The main tourist season in the city is in the month of July and August. Be ready to bear more flight and hotel costs if planning a trip during this time. Tourists planning a trip during peak vacation season are suggested to book Denpasar flight tickets in advance to avoid paying higher prices at the last minute.
How can I travel to Bali cheap?
To fly cheap, do the following -
- Avoid flying in the weekend.
- Plan your trip in the off-season.
- Sign-up for price alerts to enjoy Denpasar flight deals.
- Be flexible with stopovers. Being open to leisurely stopover will help you save big.
- As a rule of thumb, booking well in advance will help you secure cheap Denpasar plane tickets.
Which is the cheapest time to go to Bali?
The cheapest time to fly to Bali are the months of - April, May, June, and September, just before and just after high season. This is the time when flight fares and room rates are much cheaper.
What airport do you fly into to go to Bali?
You fly to Ngurah Rai International Airport. It is the main airport in Bali, located 13 km south of Denpasar.
How long is the flight from Canada to Bali?
The flight time from Toronto to Denpasar, Bali, is 21 hours 45 minutes. Quickest one-stop flight takes close to 22 hours. However, some airlines could take as long as 44 hours based on the stopover destination and waiting duration.
How do you travel around Bali?
To travel around Bali, you can rent a scooter, use bus, uber or taxis.