Visit Asia - the Largest Continent in the World!
Asia is the largest continent in the world, and hence is quite massive. And so, there’s no shortage of things to see and do here. From a healthy dose of adventure, history, and culture to spirituality, it has all. Asia boasts world's highest point - Mount Everest, along the border of Tibet and Nepal.
Asia has ultra-modern countries like Japan, emerging countries like China and India, and countries like Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia, offering a warm tropical climate, diverse culture, and great beaches. Nations and regions like Singapore, Hong Kong, Maldives, and Srilanka are some other countries that rank quite high in the tourist itinerary. Tourists, planning a trip to Asia are suggested to book tickets in advance to enjoy discounts on flights to Asia.
Top Destinations in Asia
Hongkong - known for luxury shopping, impressive skyline, and cuisine.
Bangkok - This Thai capital is popular for its various attractions, nonstop nightlife, and incredible Thai cuisine.
Bali - This island destination is rich in natural beauty and offers plenty of activities for nature and adventure lovers.
Singapore - This country is known for high-end shopping malls, family-friendly attractions, and fine dining.
India - India is a country of contrasts, and has everything, family-friendly attractions, wild-life, nature, sun-washed beaches, beautiful mountains, vast desert and lots more.
Famous Festivals and Events in Asia
Kumbh Mela Festival - This festival is celebrated once in every twelve years in four cities in India. Held in the months between January and March, it is the most famous Hindu festival, attracting millions of people from across the world.
Snow and Ice Festival - This festival is celebrated in Harbin in China in the month of January. It showcases mind-blowing works of art, sculpted with ice from the Songhua River.
Pingxi Lantern Festival, Taiwan - This festival is celebrated in Pingxi, Taiwan, in the month of March.
Songkran - This festival is celebrated all over Thailand in the month of April. Songkran marks the beginning of the traditional Thai New Year.
Bali Kite Festival - This festival is celebrated in the month of July-August in Bali, Indonesia. It is an international event. Travelers, who are looking forward to attend any of these festivals are advised to book tickets in advance to secure discounts on Asia flights.
Interesting Facts about Asia
- 90% of the rice on the earth is consumed in Asian countries.
- Out of the three largest economies in the world, two are in Asia-China (second), and Japan (third).
- Of the ten largest cities in the world (by population), seven of them are located in Asia.
- Asia’s population-of over 4 billion people-is greater than that of the all the other continents combined.
- Only two places on the planet are home to wild orangutans-the island of Borneo (shared by Indonesia and Malaysia) and Sumatra (Indonesia). Both of these places are in Asia.
Tricks to Get Cheap Flight Tickets to Asia
- Compare fares on different websites to get cheap flights to Asia.
- Use Frequent Flier Miles.
- Check for deals and discounts.
- Book 2 one-way tickets on different airlines.
- Try visiting in off season and shoulder season.
- Consider alternate airports that are less popular.
Best Time to Visit Asia
Asia can be visited any time in the year, except in the monsoon season, which can be a spoiler for sightseeing. It’s a vast continent so monsoon season differs from country to country. However, the best time to visit the continent is between the months of November and March. Travelers are suggested to book tickets in advance to grab discounts on Asia flight tickets.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the region, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!