Visit Central America for Gorgeous Beaches, Mountains, and Tropical Rainforests!
Located on the southern tip of North America, Central America consists of seven countries - Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama. The majority of the landscape of Central America is covered in mountains, tropical rain forests, and gorgeous beaches along the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. The region also features ruins from some of the world’s earliest civilizations. Costa Rica in Central America is one of the most popular countries featuring beautiful pristine beaches, dense jungles, and abundant flora and fauna. Though small in size, Costa Rica has 5 percent of the world's biodiversity. Another country, Nicaragua, houses the second largest rainforest in the Americas and the largest freshwater volcanic island in the world. Belize in Central America is a land of nature and culture. Travelers will find here, jungles, rivers, and beaches. Guatemala features towering volcanoes, forested mountains, and Mayan ruins. No matter, where you plan to visit in Central America, be sure to book flights to Central America in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
Top Destinations in Central America
Costa Rica - Costa Rica features 5 percent of the world’s biodiversity. The country has innumerable pristine beaches, dense jungles, and abundant flora and fauna. Top places to check out here include - Manuel Antonio National Park, Arenal Volcano (Volcan Arenal), Monteverde and the Cloud Forests, Dominical, and Tamarindo to name a few.
Nicaragua - It is largest country in Central America by area and the least densely populated. The country has coastlines on the Caribbean Sea in the East and the Pacific Ocean in the west. The famous places to visit here include - Pearl Lagoon, Little Corn Island, Somoto Canyon, and Masaya.
Belize - This country in Central America lies between Mexico and Guatemala. Belize was known as British Honduras during its colonial days. The country is abundant in natural beauty. Top places to check out here include - Ambergris Caye, Lighthouse Reef Atoll and the Blue Hole, Placencia, Turneffe Islands Atoll, Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary & Jaguar Preserve, Caye Caulker and more.
Famous Festivals and Events in Central America
Tribal Gathering - Celebrated in the month of February/March in Chiquita, Panama, the festival presents over 150 international music acts. Envision Music Festival - It’s a 4-day music festival, celebrated in February, in Uvita, Costa Rica. Bamboo Bass Festival - It is celebrated in February, in Jaco, Costa Rica. Empire Music Festival - It takes place in May in El Jocotillo, Guatemala. Travelers, planning to visit Central America, are suggested to book tickets in advance to enjoy cheap flights to Central America.
Interesting Facts about Central America
- Central America is made up of 7 countries - Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Panama..
- The most highly forested country in Central America is Honduras, which is 40% forested.
- Spanish is the primary language spoken in Central America..
- Honduras, Panama, and Costa Rica in Central America are often called the “Banana Republics” because of the importance bananas have to their economies
- Most people in Central America are Roman Catholics.
Tricks to Get Cheap Flight Tickets to Central America
- Book your flights well in advance to enjoy discounts on Central America flights.
- Book your flights in budget airlines to save big.
- Fly to a less popular tourist destination in Central America, it will help you save a lot.
- Join the airline mailing lists. It will ensure, you receive a mail when seat sales happen and when new routes are announced.
- Try traveling during low tourist season to save on Central America flight tickets.
Best Time to Visit Central America
The best time to visit Central America is generally the dry season, between the months of January and March. And for tourists planning to tour N Panama and Honduras, the best time to visit is between the months of November and April.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the region, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!