Book cheap flights to Augusto C. Sandino International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on MGA flights. Grab our Augusto C. Sandino International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Augusto C. Sandino International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport serves the national capital of Nicaragua, Managua. It is a joint civil-military international airport and is named in honor of Nicaraguan revolutionary leader, Augusto Nicolas Sandino. This airport is also known as Las Mercedes Airport and Managua International Airport (in English) and Aeropuerto Internacional Augusto C. Sandino (in Spanish). It is owned by Republica de Nicaragua and operated by Empresa Administradora de Aeropuertos Internacionales.
Passengers from the airport can get scheduled flights to several destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America. Some of these destinations include Miami, San Jose, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Panama City, San Salvador, Mexico City and Guatemala City. One can also get scheduled domestic flights to destinations like Tola, Corn Island etc, and some seasonal and charter flights to selected destinations in Canada and the US. Major airlines serving the airport include Avianca, Copa Airlines, United Airlines and American Airlines.
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport Amenities
- Passengers can get access to VIP lounges in the airport. This service costs USD 30 for an adult and offers 2 complimentary drinks.
- There are some hotels in the airport terminal, where prior reservation is advisable.
- Travelers can enjoy local delicacies (like nacatamal and quesillo), international fast foods (such as hot dogs), and drinks at an airport cafeteria, which is open all seven days. .
- The airport has duty-free stores that sell electronic appliances, perfumes, watches, travel items, jewelry, foreign and national liquors and candies etc. One may also buy local handicrafts, leather wallets, hammocks, hand-embroidered clothing and hand-painted hats at the public hall in the airport.
- The airport is dotted with banks and ATMs.
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport Ground Transport
For the transport, passengers can choose from six car rental services - Budget, Dollar, Hertz, Payless, Thrifty and Toyota.
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport Parking
- Augusto C. Sandino International Airport’s parking facility is spread across 12 bays and is located in front of the main terminal.
- Passengers can pay based on the type of their vehicle (light, semi-heavy or heavy), and the rates start from CAD 20 to CAD 100 for the first hour.