Vancouver - the Seaport City in Western Canada
Vancouver is a seaport city in western Canada, located in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia. The city is broadly divided in three parts - the Westside, the Eastside, and the City Centre. Each of these regions are flooded with its own attractions. Vancouver enjoys a scenic location with mountains at its backdrop and featuring vast expanse of lovely beaches. Vancouver features extensive parks and relatively equable climate making it a great place for outdoor activities. Travelers here - will enjoy a stroll at 100 acres wide Stanley Park. They can also have good time at Queen Elizabeth Park or VanDusen Botanical Garden. Thrill seekers can try out a walk across the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which hovers 230 feet above Capilano River. For the cultural enthusiasts, Vancouver has museums and art galleries to explore. Some of the cultural attractions in the city include - UBC's Museum of Anthropology, Vancouver Art Gallery, and Asian-Style Summer Night Markets. For those planning a trip to Vancouver are suggested book flights to Vancouver in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.Top Attractions in Vancouver
Top attractions worth booking Vancouver flights are - Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Museum of Anthropology, Kitsilano Beach, Gastown, Canada Place, Chinatown, English Bay, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Robson Street, and Museum of Vancouver to name a few.Famous Festivals and Events in Vancouver
The city celebrates plenty of festivals and events. Some of these include - Celebration of Light, Cherry Blossom Festival, Dine Out Vancouver Festival, International Jazz Festival, Vancouver Folk Music Festival, Vancouver International Wine Festival, and Vancouver Opera Festival to name a few.Interesting Facts about Vancouver
- The cosmetic treatment Botox was invented in Vancouver.
- Vancouver is home to the fourth largest cruise ship port in the world.
- Vancouver is the warmest city in Canada with only 11 days of snow per year.
- The city has the highest real estate prices in Canada.
- Vancouver is the largest film production center in North America after Los Angeles and New York City.
Tricks to Get Cheap Flight Tickets to Vancouver
- Travel in budget airlines to save on flight tickets.
- Check prices for the whole month and identify the cheapest day to fly out
- Fly in the off season to get cheap flights to Vancouver.
- Always search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest fares.
- Be flexible with your travel dates and time. Ticket prices vary greatly depending on the day of the week, time of year, and upcoming holidays.
Best Time to Visit Vancouver
The best time to visit Vancouver is in the spring and autumn season. As during these months, the weather is pleasant, and crowd is minimum. And you can explore attractions without bumping elbows with hordes of tourists. For those interested in whale watching, the best time to visit is between the months of April and November. The peak whale-watching season is July, August and September. Those interested in seeing humpback whales, their best bet is to visit between late August and early December. Whenever you plan to visit the city, make sure to book airline tickets to Vancouver in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the region, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!