Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. It is the largest and most populous city in the UAE. This city of superlatives is known for the tallest building in the world - Burj Khalifa, the largest man-made island - Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest mall by total area - the Dubai Mall, and World's only seven-star hotel - Burj Al Arab. Dubai is a popular vacation destination offering great opportunities for shopping, partying, sunbathing, fine dining, sporting events, nightlife, and sinful pleasures. Tourists look for cheap flights to Dubai to explore its attractions galore and shop to their hearts content.
Dubai is just 5 hours away from Europe, and 3 hours from most parts of the Middle East, the Near East, and the subcontinent of India. The city is a popular tourist destination and attracts tourists from around the world who book flights to Dubai to experience its luxuries.
Top Attractions in Dubai
There are plenty of attractions in Dubai. The attractions worth booking Dubai flights include -
- Dubai Mall
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Museum
- Dubai Aquarium
- Jumeirah Mosque
- Palm Jumeirah
- Sheikh Zayed Road
- Bastakia (Old Dubai)
- Heritage and Diving Village
- Sheikh Saeed Al-Maktoum House
Famous Festivals and Events in Dubai
Dubai Shopping Festival - This annual shopping festival takes place mainly from First week of January to the first week of February.
Art Dubai - One of the most globally diverse art fairs, this festival is held every year in March and features emerging and leading artists in the field.
Dubai International Film Festival - It's one of the biggest film festivals in the region, celebrating films every year during December.
Dubai International Jazz Festival - It's an annual music festival that attracts more than 500, 000 people from all over the world.
Dubai World Cup - Since 1996, Dubai hosts one of the world's richest horse race, offering a prize fund worth USD 10 million.
Tourists planning to attend any of these festivals are suggested to book Dubai flight tickets in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
Interesting Facts about Dubai
- There's no income tax in Dubai.
- Dubai has the longest automated metro.
- Weekend in Dubai is on Friday and Saturday.
- Dubai Mall here is the world's largest shopping mall.
- Palm Jumeirah is the world's largest man-made island.
- The city houses world's only 7 - star hotel, Burj al Arab.
- Dubai houses Burj Khalifa, one of the world's tallest buildings.
- The Miracle Garden in Dubai is the largest flower garden in the world.
- Robot jockeys are used in camel racing in Dubai instead of human jockeys.
- Dubai was home to around 20 per cent of the world’s cranes during its construction boom.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the city, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Canada to Dubai Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Dubai?
The best time to visit Dubai is between the months of November and March, winter season. Weather-wise, the city experiences two seasons. The winter season sees blue skies and pleasant weather, and is the peak tourist season, so expect plenty of tourists during this time. The summer season is between April - October, during this time, humidity level is quite high. If planning a visit during summers, tourists are suggested to protect themselves from heat stroke by drinking lots of water, staying away from outdoors, and wearing plenty of sunscreen.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Dubai?
To get Dubai flight deals, do the following -
- Take a detour to save big.
- Avoid traveling during weekends.
- Book flights in budget airlines.
- Sign-up with relevant airlines for deals on cheap flights.
- Make advance bookings to get discounts on Dubai plane tickets.
How many airports are there in Dubai?
Dubai has two major international airports. Dubai International Airport (DXB), and Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC).
How long does it take to fly from Vancouver to Dubai?
It takes 16h 40 minutes of average flight time to fly from Vancouver to Dubai.
How long is the flight from Canada to Dubai?
The average flight duration from Toronto, Canada to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is 14 hours, 17 minutes.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Dubai?
The cheapest month to fly to Dubai is May.
How many hours is Canada from UAE?
The non-stop flight time from Canada (YYZ) to United Arab Emirates (DXB) is -
- Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) - Dubai International Airport (DXB) - 12 hours 45 minutes by Air Canada
- Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) - Dubai International Airport (DXB) - 12 hours 45 minutes by Emirates Airline