Houston is the most populous city in the US state of Texas, and the fourth most populous city in the United States. The city offers an eclectic museum and arts scene and is a burgeoning destination for food enthusiasts. Houston offers everything to its visitors, from culture, dining, shopping, lovely green spaces, and beautiful attractions to fun experiences. People look for cheap flights to Houston to experience its various offerings.
Houston is a great weekend destination with direct flights from all over North America. Travelers planning a trip to the city are advised to book flights to Houston in advance to enjoy discounts on flight fares and hotels.
Top Attractions in Houston
Top attractions worth booking Houston flights include -
- Houston Zoo
- NRG Stadium
- Art Car Museum
- Preston Street
- Museum District
- Buffalo Bayou Park
- Houston Space Centre
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Children's Museum of Houston
- Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park
Famous Festivals and Events in Houston
Houston celebrates plenty of festivals and events. Some of these include -
- Martin Luther King Jr Grande Parade (Mid - January).
- Chevron Houston Marathon (Mid - January).
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (End February - Beg March).
- Bayou City Art Festival (Late March).
- Houston Children's Festival (End March - Beginning April).
- Houston Dragon Boat Festival (Early May).
- Southwest Airlines Freedom Over Texas (4th July).
- The Great Texas Mosquito Festival (Late July).
- Ballunar Liftoff Festival (End September).
- Texas Renaissance Festival (Late October to December).
- Uptown Holiday Lighting (End November).
Tourists interested in attending any of these festivals are suggested to book Houston flight tickets in advance to avoid paying higher rates at the last minute.
Interesting Facts about Houston
- Houston has more than 11,000 restaurants.
- Houston is the fourth most populous city in the nation.
- Houston is home to the largest medical centre in the world.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is one of the biggest rodeos in the world.
- Houston is the most diverse metropolitan city in America with over 90 different languages.
- Houston’s Museum District has an eye popping 19 museums that welcome over 8 million visitors a year.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the city, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Canada to Houston Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Houston?
The best time to visit Houston is from February to April, and from September to November. Due to its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, Houston experiences warm weather almost year-round. Spring and fall temperatures are pleasant, and variety of festivals takes place during these seasons. Tourists can score a deal during summers, as residents travel outside as the mercury soars in the city. Winters in Houston are mild, and snowfall is rare. But temperature drops in the evening, so it is advised to carry layers, if you are traveling in December or January. Tourists, planning a trip during peak season are suggested to book tickets in advance to enjoy Houston flight deals.
What are the tricks for getting cheap Houston Flights?
To secure cheap flights, do the following -
- Fly in the off-season.
- Search for cheap fares on multiple sites to grab the best deal.
- Book your tickets well in advance to enjoy cheap Houston plane tickets.
- Being flexible with the route you take is another way to get a cheap flight.
- Use a flight with a layover. Sometimes booking a flight that has a layover as opposed to flying nonstop can help you save money.
Which day is the cheapest to fly to Houston?
The cheapest day to fly to Houston is usually Wednesday.
What time of day is the cheapest to fly?
Try booking a morning flight for Houston. Generally, the prices will increase for flights in the evening as demand is higher for the evening flights.
How many airports are there in Houston?
Houston has two airports - George Bush Intercontinental Airport, and William P. Hobby Airport.
How long does it take to fly from Vancouver to Houston?
The average flight time from Vancouver to Houston is 4h 23 minutes.
How many airlines fly non-stop from Vancouver to Houston?
United Airlines, and Air Canada fly non-stop from Vancouver to Houston.