Palm Springs is a desert resort city in Riverside County, California. Palm Springs covers approximately 94 square miles (240 km2), making it the largest city in the county by land area. The city is a famous retirement destination, and winter snowbird destination. Palm Springs is known for its beautiful golf resorts, pleasant weather, and fun vibe. Tourists look for cheap flights to Palm Springs to explore its various attractions, do shopping, enjoy dinning and exploring the surrounding mountains and canyons.
Top Attractions in Palm Springs
The top attractions worth booking flights to Palm Springs are -
- Indian Canyons
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Palm Springs Art Museum
- Coachella Valley Preserve
- Moorten Botanical Gardens
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and Mount San Jacinto
- Palm Springs Art Museum Architecture and Design Centre
Events and Festivals in Palm Springs
The city celebrates plenty of festivals and events. Some of these include -
Desert X - It's a creative exhibition, which sees local and international artists install artwork across the Coachella Valley.
Modernism Week - This festival is a 10 - Day celebration of mid-century architecture, design, art, fashion, and culture.
Wellspring - It is a health and wellness gathering in downtown Palm Springs. Wellspring is all about wellness practices.
Palm Desert Food and Wine Festival - This three-day festival brings together the most inspirational chefs, vintners, and brew masters from across the USA to showcase their talents.
Indio International Tamale Festival - Taking place every December, the festival features 300 tamale vendors as well as live entertainment, interactive art spaces, beer gardens, craft stalls and, of course, the largest ever tamale. There is also a competition for the best tasting tamale.
Tourists interested in attending any of these festivals are suggested to book tickets in advance to grab cheap Palm Springs flights.
Interesting Facts about Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway operates the world's largest rotating tramcars.
- Twin Palms Estate in Palm Springs boasts a famous piano-shaped swimming pool.
- Palm Springs has the largest concentration of mid-century modern residential architecture in the world.
- Date Gardens in Greater Palm Springs produce more than 80 % of this Middle Eastern delicacy in the United States.
- With more than 50,000 pools, Greater Palm Springs can boast that it has more pools per capita than anywhere else in the country.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the city, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQs for Booking Canada to Palm Spring Flight Tickets
What is the best time to visit Palm Springs?
The best time for which to book Palm Spring flight tickets includes the winter season - the months between January and April. Winter is the peak tourist season, so its recommended to book flights and hotels in advance to avoid paying high prices at the last minute. The summer season between May and October is quite hot. But if you are a night owl, who step out once the sun sets, summertime could be good for you. The fall season between October and December receives less tourists, and is a good time to visit, if you are looking for fewer tourists.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Palm Springs?
To get cheap Palm Springs plane tickets, do the following -
- Redeem airline miles.
- Book your tickets in budget airlines.
- Try traveling during low tourist season.
- Book tickets in advance, to secure cheap Palm Springs flight deals.
Which airlines fly to Palm Springs?
Some of the airlines that serve Palm Springs include -
- Air Canada
- Sun Country
Does Southwest fly to Palm Springs?
No, Southwest does not fly to Palm Springs.
Does Westjet Fly to Palm Springs?
Yes, Westjet Airlines offer flights to Palm Springs.
How large is Palm Springs?
Palm Springs covers approximately 94 square miles (240 km2), making it the largest city in the county by land area.