Thailand - the Land of Smiles!
Beaches, temples, palatial palaces, adventure activities, and shopping pretty much define Thailand, a nation in the southeast Asia. Also, called the Land of Smiles, Thailand, is a super popular tourist destination, drawing over 20 million international visitors a year. The country is also known for its tempting street food, lush green rainforests, wild life rich national parks, and lots more.
On your trip to Thailand, apart from visiting Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket, also spare some time to visit Krabi. This gorgeous town offers a wealth of terrific experiences. While in Krabi, visit Railay Beach, Phi Phi Islands, and admire the outstanding beauty at Thung Teao Forest Natural Park. Spend few days at Koh Samui to visit Big Buddha temple, appreciate the roaring waterfalls - Na Muang 1 and Na Muang 2, and take a jeep safari tour of the island. Also, plan a trip to Pattaya, a resort city known for nightclubs, bars, and pubs. Although there are family friendly attractions in Pattaya, the town is primarily popular for adult fun. Travelers, planning a trip to Thailand are suggested to book tickets in advance to enjoy discounts on flights to Thailand. Top Destinations in Thailand
Bangkok - Bangkok (the City of Angels) is the capital of Thailand. Its noisy, colourful, and exciting, and serves as a gateway to many other parts of the country. Some of the Bangkok’s famous attractions include - Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Wat Suthat, Giant Swing, Chatuchak Market, and more.
Chiang Mai - It is the largest city in northern Thailand. This laid-back town is famous for its coloful night market and its surrounding national parks - Doi Inthanon, Doi Khun Tan, Op Luang, Khun Chae, and Si Lanna.
Phuket - Phuket is full of nightclubs, bars, spas, seaside resorts, and markets. This town offers you opportunity to chill out in the day and party hard in the night. Famous Festivals and Events in Thailand
Phi Ta Khon (Ghost Festival) - It is celebrated for three days with thousands of locals wearing colorful, ghastly masks. Songkran Festival (Water Festival) - This long and large festival involves a 3-day water fight in which people participate across the country. Chinese New Year - It is celebrated in the month of January/February. Lopburi Monkey Banquet (Food Festival) - This festival takes place in November, during which a huge banquet is laid out for about 3,000 monkeys in Lopburi, which is located at a distance of 150 kms in the north of Bangkok. Yi Peng (The Lantern Festival) - It is celebrated in the month of November. Wing Kwai (Buffalo Racing Festival) - This festival features buffalo racing, buffalo beauty competition, buffalo decorations, and more. All those tourists planning to visit Thailand during any of these festivals are suggested to book tickets in advance to secure discounts on Thailand flight tickets.Interesting Facts about Thailand
- Thailand is the second-largest exporter of rice in the world.
- Thai is one of the most complicated languages in the world. It has 44 consonants, 32 vowels, and 6 tones.
- A nuclear family in Thailand is rare because most people live in large extended families.
- There are five UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Thailand, with three being cultural and two naturals.
- In Thailand, to let someone know you enjoyed a meal, it is polite to leave a small bite or two on your plate. This signifies it was tasty and that you are full, as a clean plate implies there wasn’t enough to eat.
Tricks to Get Cheap Flight Tickets to Thailand
Best Time to Visit Thailand
- To secure cheap flights to Thailand, we suggest you travel during low tourist season.
- Reserve tickets in advance.
- Start watching fares 160 days before your flight, to enjoy the biggest savings.
- Fly to a less popular destination, it will help you get less expensive ticket.
- Avoid flying in the weekend.
The best time to visit Thailand depends exactly where you're going. However, the months between December and March are the best months for which travelers can book Thailand flight tickets. Tourists are suggested to do advance booking to avoid paying more at the last minute.Share your Travel Experience
Once you have visited the country, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!