Book Halifax Car Rentals with CheapOair.caWhy Rent a Car in Halifax with us?
Rent a car on CheapOair.ca and explore Halifax at your leisure. A rental car is one of the best means to visit all your favorite attractions in Halifax including Halifax Citadel, Waterfront, and Point Pleasant Park. When you book a rental car with us, you will always get the best Halifax car rental deals. Apart from saving big with our cheap rates, renting a car with us is also very easy and convenient. All you have to do is, choose a car that suits your needs and you can pick up your rental car, right at the Halifax Robert Stanfield International Airport or have it delivered at your hotel.
Getting Around Halifax
Take a road trip across Halifax and explore 17th century architecture, beautiful art galleries and world famous breweries on route. Counted among the world's most beautiful natural harbors, renting a car is certainly the best way to explore this city. It's convenient, its personal and it gives you more freedom. If you are traveling to the city for the first time then these are some of the tips that will come in handy.
• Speed limit is 20 mph on residential roads and can go up to 60 mph on the highways.
• Although there are many parking spaces available in Halifax, the best place to park your car would be near the Halifax Waterfront which contains many 24*7 garages. If you are visiting downtown then Cedar Street and Queen Street are the two places where finding a parking spot is not a tough job at all. Parking rate varies from $3 for an hour to $16 for a day.
• 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM and 5 PM - 6:30 PM are considered the peak hours of traffic with the two harbor bridges (Dartmouth and Macdonald) being the most congested. So try and avoid these bridges during the peak hours.
Take a Day Trip!
• Drive to the historical town of Lunenburg which is famous for its heritage architecture and delicious local cuisine. Don't miss fishing along the beautiful riverfronts with your friends.
• Black Point Beach is the perfect day trip destination that balances spectacular natural beauty with delicious seafood. This secluded beach is the perfect place for the eternal romantics at heart.