Halifax Stanfield International Airport is a public airport owned by Transport Canada and operated by the Halifax International Airport Authority. Located in Nova Scotia, Halifax Stanfield International Airport was built in the year 1960 and since then has been serving Halifax and mainland Nova Scotia. Airlines offering scheduled flights to some of the major destinations include Condor, Porter Airlines, WestJet, Air Transat, Europe Airpost, Canadian North and many more. Some of the top destinations covered by the airline include Frankfurt, Philadelphia, Orlando, Charlo, Montego Bay and more.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport Amenities
- Many shops can be found on the main and departure levels of the terminal building. The shops are open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily and offer products such as magazines, apparels and cosmetics.
- The Halifax Stanfield International Airport has a variety of places to treat your hunger. The Main Level is home to Burger King, Tim Hortons, Maritime Ale House and The Chickenburger while Starbucks can be found in the Domestic Arrivals area.
- The airport houses 8 ATM machines out of which four can be found on the main level and others scattered around the terminals.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport Ground Transportation
- On the lower level of the airport parkade, you will find offices of many car rental companies. Top car rental companies operating out of the airport include National, Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Enterprise and Hertz.
- Book a taxi or limousine for your one-way trip to Halifax city center at a flat rate of $63.00. The booking counters can be found curbside in the arrivals area.
- Maritime Bus offers scheduled services to downtown from the Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
Halifax Stanfield International Airport Parking
Provision for both long term and short term parking is offered by the Halifax Stanfield International Airport. The short term parking lot charges $2 each 30 minutes for first 2 hours and $4 per hour beyond 2 hours. In addition, the long term parking lot charges $4 per hour, $20 daily maximum and $100 weekly maximum.