Halifax, an Atlantic Ocean port in the eastern Canada, is the capital of
Nova Scotia. The city is known for its maritime history, dominated by the
hilltop Citadel. Halifax is an also an important centre for research
featuring six universities and colleges. Halifax is brimming with lovely
views and picturesque landscapes. Tourists looking for cheap flights from
Toronto to Halifax are advised to start their city tour with Halifax
Citadel National Historic Site. Towering over downtown Halifax, the Citadel
is a testament to the city's military past. The next halt should be Pier 21
National Historic Site to learn about immigration experience. Another place
to spend some time is Peggy's Cove featuring colorful houses, rolling
granite bluffs, and an old lighthouse. Also, do not miss out taking harbour
tour on the boat. Travelers planning a trip to the city are suggested to
book flights from Toronto to Halifax in advance to flight deals and
Top Attractions in Halifax
Some of the top attractions in Halifax worth booking flights from YTO to
YHZ include -
Point Pleasant Park
Halifax Public Gardens
Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
Pier 21 National Historic Site
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
McNabs and Lawlor Island Provincial Park
· Maritime Museum of the Atlantic & HMCS Sackville
Famous Festivals and Events in Halifax
Halifax celebrates plenty of festivals. Here are some of the top festivals
for tourists booking flights from YTO to Halifax -
Halifax Jazz Festival
Halifax Pride Festival
Lebanese Cedar Festival
Halifax Colour Festival
Halifax Natal Day Festival
Halifax International Busker Festival
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo
Afrifest - African Festival of Arts and Culture
Interesting Facts about Halifax
- Halifax Citadel is Canada’s most-visited National Historic Site.
- Halifax has more bars per capita than anywhere else in Canada.
- Halifax boardwalk is over 3.8km and is one of the longest boardwalks in
- Halifax, as an international city, is ranked as one of Canada’s top five
- When the Titanic stuck at iceberg on April 14th, 1912, she was 700
nautical miles east of Halifax.
- Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is the longest continuously running
farmers’ market in North America.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the city, do share with us your experience through
CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of
immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Toronto to Halifax Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Halifax?
The best time to visit Halifax is summer season, between May - August. This
is also the peak tourist season, so be prepared for heavy crowds. Another
good time to visit the city is autumn season, when the summer crowds have
thinned out, and the fall foliage adds color to the scenery. Winter season,
between November and February is milder in Halifax than other towns. And
winter is the time to enjoy Halifax flight deals and hotel discounts. The
spring season, between March - April, is the least popular time to visit
Halifax. And it's recommended not to visit the city during this season.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Halifax?
- Travel in a budget airline.
- Use air mile points to get cheap YTO to YHZ flights.
- Set fare alerts to get the lowest flight discounts.
- Always search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest prices
- Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays. Most travelers want to leave on a Friday so they can make the most of the weekend, and Sunday is a popular day to return.
How long does it take to fly from Toronto to Halifax?
It takes 2 hrs. 0 minutes to fly from Toronto to Halifax.
How many international airports are there in Halifax?
Halifax has one international airport - Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ).