Founded on January 6, 1953, Lufthansa is a Germany airline, having its headquarters at Cologne, Germany. With a fleet of 300 aircraft, Lufthansa flights fly to 220 destinations. Some of these destinations include - Tirana, Luanda, Buenos Aires, Melbourne, Sydney, Salzburg, Vienna, Sao Paulo, Toronto, Vancouver, and more.
Lufthansa is a member of Star Alliance and has its hubs at Frankfurt and Munich. The airline subsidiaries include - Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, and Brussels Airlines to name a few. Lufthansa has code-share agreement with plenty of airlines. Some of these include - Aegean Airlines, Air India, Air Malta, Air China, Air Canada, Air New Zealand, Avianca, Copa Airlines, and Cathay Pacific among many others.
As of December 2019, Lufthansa fleet comprises - 300 aircraft, which includes - Airbus A319-100, Airbus A320-200, Airbus A320neo, Airbus A321-100, Airbus A321-200, Airbus A321neo, Airbus A330-300, Airbus A340-300, Airbus A340-600, Airbus A350-900, Airbus A380-800, Boeing 747-400, Boeing 747-8I, Boeing 777-9, and Boeing 787-9. Lufthansa Baggage Allowance
Your carry-on baggage allowance depends upon your travel class. In Economy Class, passengers can carry 1 item of carry-on baggage up to 8 kg. In Premium Economy, 1 item of carry-on baggage up to 8 kg. In Business Class, 2 items of carry-on baggage, each up to 8 kg, and in the First Class, 2 items of carry-on baggage, each up to 8 kg. Lufthansa Classes of Service
Lufthansa offers four classes of service for passengers buying Lufthansa flight tickets. This includes - Economy Class, Premium Economy Class, Business Class, and First Class.
- Economy Class offers plenty of room for passengers to stretch their legs both on short and medium haul routes.
- In long-haul flights, there're wide seat cushions of 40 cms, and individually adjustable headrests.
- Long-haul flights also offer wide range of in-flight entertainment, featuring movies, interesting choice of programmes, and lots more.
- Passengers are treated to selection of drinks, and meals. On selected routes, travelers are also served movie snack during the in-flight entertainment.
Premium Economy Class
- The Premium Economy features generous seat size, and 50 percent more room on all sides.
- The travel kit is offered to passengers that help them to arrive at their destination feeling fresh.
- Passengers buying Lufthansa ticket for Premium Class get free bag allowance of 2 bags of up to 23 kg each.
- For entertainment, there's 11-12 inch in-seat entertainment system offering wide-variety of programs.
- Passengers get an access to selected Lufthansa lounge by paying an extra charge.
- Delightful meals are served to passengers on the fine china tableware.
- Travelers are greeted onboard with a scrumptious welcome drink, and a separate bottle of water is provided at each seat.
- Experience the first-rate comfort when you buy Lufthansa flight tickets for Business Class.
- The Business Class passengers get a priority check-in, and priority boarding service.
- In the Business Class, the middle seat is kept empty to rest and work unperturbed.
- Passengers can access lounges at major international airports, where they can relax or work.
- Travelers are served delicious meals on high-quality china tableware.
- The passengers can enjoy inflight entertainment, which features sports programmes, popular TV series or music on their personal screen.
Lufthansa Web Check-In
- Travel Lufthansa First Class and experience the best of hospitality. There's a personal assistant to greet at your destination airport.
- Travelers are offered a valet parking service for rental or private cars at the First-Class terminal in Frankfurt.
- First Class travelers are taken straight to the aircraft by a limousine or exclusive people carrier. There's a chauffeur for the same.
- There's pleasant lighting in the First Class to treat your senses.
- Travelers are treated to delicious culinary delights, and a variety of fine wines.
- The comprehensive entertainment in the First Class allow passengers to have a great time. The onboard entertainment features the latest blockbusters, classics, music, and games.
For the passengers having booked Lufthansa flights and grabbed Lufthansa flight deals, the airline offers the facility of online check-in. The online check-in is available from 23 hours before the flight's scheduled departure time.