Visit Tokyo - To Experience Amalgamation of Futuristic Technology and Traditional Past!
Tokyo is the capital of Japan. It is one of the world's most contemporary cities in terms of its infrastructure and design. It is also one of the world's most expensive cities to live. Getting around is pretty easy here, due to superb rail and subway networks. Tokyo offers a beautiful amalgamation of futuristic technologies and glimpses of the old Japan. The cultural side of Tokyo is also worth exploring. From the popular museums, and festivals to internationally noted cuisine, and professional sports clubs, it has it all. Tokyo is also rich in music and theatre. The city has something for every tourist booking cheap flights from Toronto to Tokyo.
Top Attractions in Tokyo
Here’s a list of attractions worth booking flights from Toronto to Tokyo -
- Ginza District
- The Meiji Shrine
- Ueno Park and Zoo
- The Imperial Palace
- The Tokyo Skytree
- The Sensō-ji Temple
- Tokyo National Museum
- The National Art Center
- The Kabuki-za Theatre, Ginza
- National Museum of Western Art
- The Miraikan and Edo-Tokyo Museums
- National Museum of Nature and Science
Major Festivals and Events in Tokyo
Plenty of festivals are celebrated in Tokyo, the top festivals for visitors booking flights from YTO to TYO include -
Ueno Sakura Matsuri - Takes place in early March or April, Sakura Festival takes place in Ueno Park.
Kurayami Matsuri - It is one of the oldest festivals celebrated in Tokyo, between April 30 and May 6.
Koenji Awa-Odori - Held in August, this festival features over 10,000 dancers and over a million visitors.
Jinbocho Book Festival - Held between late October to early November, the festival is a week-long event for book bargain hunters.
Sanja Matsuri - Celebrated in May, held in honor of the three men who established Senso-ji, this festival attracts at least 2 million people yearly.
Interesting Facts about Tokyo
- Tokyo Disneyland was the first Disney theme park to open outside the United States.
- Tokyo is the largest metropolitan in the world, hosting over 36 million people spread over 3 prefectures.
- Tokyo has the most top-rated restaurants in the world. It is home to over 14 three-star Michelin restaurants.
- The cherry blossom is the national symbol of Japan. In April, the trees flower for two weeks, this period is known as Hanami.
- Tokyo’s Ritz Carlton is home to one of the most expensive suits in the world. The room, designed by Frank Nicholson, costs £15 500 GBP per night.
Best Time to Visit Tokyo
The best time to visit Tokyo is between March and April, and September and November. Spring brings Cherry Blossom, and autumn brings colourful foliage. Summer is the peak tourist season, so expect to see huge crowds. The season also sees oppressive heat, humidity, and high hotel rates. Winter season is chilly, but manageable. However, during winters, tourists will not be able to enjoy the best that Tokyo parks can offer. To enjoy discounts on flights from YTO to Tokyo, it is advised to do flight bookings much in advance.
FAQS for Booking Toronto to Tokyo Flight Tickets
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Tokyo?
Use the tricks below to score cheap flights -
- Travel in a budget airline.
- Use air mile points to get cheap YTO to TYO flights.
- Set fare alerts to get the lowest flight discounts.
- Always search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest prices.
- Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays. Most travelers want to leave on a Friday so they can make the most of the weekend, and Sunday is a popular day to return.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Japan?
The cheapest month to fly to Japan is November.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Tokyo?
The cheapest season to visit Tokyo is winters from mid-January through March. Although cold, the weather is usually sunny and dry.