Portugal is 900 years old, and though it has a small area, the country has played a crucial role in the world history. Portugal has an outstanding landscape and diversity. In a single day, you can travel in Portugal from green mountains in the North to Rocky Mountains in the Centre, to a near-desert landscape in the Alentejo region and finally to the beach destination Algarve. Portugal is a popular golfing destination, with 14 of Portugal golf courses rated in the top 100 best in Europe. The country is also known for surfing in Europe. Its pristine beaches catch the fancy of surfers especially from the North European countries who look for cheap flights to Portugal to indulge in surfing, and to enjoy its magnificent coastline, and warm climate.
Portugal features rich, and unique culture, lively cities, and gorgeous countryside. Portugal is one of the warmest European countries. Travelers planning a visit to Portugal are advised to book flights to Portugal in advance to avoid paying higher flight prices and hotel rates at the last minute.
Top Destinations in Portugal
There are plenty of destinations to visit in Portugal. Some of the top destinations, worth booking Portugal flights include -
- Serra da Estrela
Famous Festivals and Events in Portugal
There are plenty of festivals and events celebrated in Portugal. Some of these include -
- Carnaval (March)
- NOS Primavera Sound (June)
- Iberian Mask Festival (May)
- Lisboa Dance Festival (March)
- National Agricultural Fair (June)
- Praia Grande Beach Games (June)
- Cascais Festival
- Super Bock Super Rock (July)
- Madeira Carnival (February)
- Kizomba New Year’s Eve Fest (December - January).
Tourists planning to visit any of these festivals are advised to book Portugal flight tickets in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
Interesting Facts about Portugal
- Portugal is one of the oldest countries in Europe
- The Romans took 200 years to conquer Portugal
- Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in the World
- Over half of the world’s cork is produced in Portugal
- Portugal has one of the world’s oldest universities. The University of Coimbra was established in 1290.
- Catharine of Braganca, a Portuguese princess, and Queen of England, introduced the habit of drinking tea in England.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the country, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Canada to Portugal Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit Portugal?
The peak tourist season to visit Portugal is summers, between June and August. This is the time when hotel rates and flights prices go higher. And the beaches are completely packed. The shoulder season between March and May, and September to October is a good time to visit the country. The weather is pleasant during this time, and crowds are fewer than in summers. Travelers planning a trip to the country are advised to book flights in advance to secure Portugal flight deals.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Portugal?
Here are the tricks to get cheap flights -
- Redeem airline miles.
- Avoid flying in the weekend.
- Book your tickets in budget airlines.
- Try traveling during low tourist season.
- Book tickets in advance, to secure cheap Portugal plane tickets.
- Fly to a less popular destination, it will help you get less expensive ticket.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Portugal?
The cheapest month to fly to Portugal is February.
What airlines go to Portugal?
The airlines that offer flights from Canada to Portugal include - United Airlines, Air Canada, Air France, and Air Transat to name a few airlines.
Which airlines offer flights to Portugal from Toronto?
Some of the airlines that offer flights to Portugal from Toronto include - United Airlines, and Air Transat.