Book cheap flights to Cape Town International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on CPT flights. Grab our Cape Town International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Cape Town International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Cape Town International Airport is the primary airport serving the coastal city of Cape Town in South Africa. Opened in 1954, it is the second busiest airport in South Africa and third busiest airport in Africa. This public-use airport is located about 12 miles away from the city centre. Cape Town International Airport is the only airport in the Cape Town metropolitan area that offers scheduled domestic and international passenger services. It is operated by Airports Company South Africa, and serves as a hub for Mango and South African Express.
The airport offers direct flights to two major tourist destinations (i.e. Johannesburg and Durban) besides several flights to other domestic and international destinations (including Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe). Some of the major destinations covered by the airport are Amsterdam, Doha, Frankfurt, Singapore, Addis Ababa, London and Istanbul. There are also seasonal flights to Munich and Zurich among few other destinations. Some of the major airlines serving the airport are Air France, British Airways, KLM, Lufthansa and Thomas Cook Airlines.
Cape Town International Airport Amenities
- There is free Wi-Fi available at the airport Cape Town International Airport is dotted with several banking and currency exchange service outlets, and ATMs.
- There are baby-changing facilities provided at the airport.
- The airport features several outlets that sell mobile SIM cards, fashion accessories, travel accessories, pharmacy and cosmetics.
- One can purchase books, magazines, and newspapers from two stores CAN @ Airports and Exclusive Books.
- Those looking for food outlets and beverages can go to Dulce Cafe, Barcelos, Steers, Dili Deli, Mugg & Bean, Wimpy, Ocean Basket, Primi Piatti, KFC and Spur.
- Passengers can purchase duty free products at Brittans and Baby Mo.
- Travelers can purchase artworks, antique items, and gift items from Cape Farm and Gift Emporium.
Cape Town International Airport Ground Transportation
Travelers can choose to travel in public transit, shuttle services, taxi, cab and Airport MyCiti shuttle to travel in and around the city from Cape Town International Airport.
- Passengers are advised to use only the officially authorized airport taxi service provider. It is called Touch-Down Taxis and can be availed from the airport.
- The car rental services available at the airport are Avis, Europcar, First, Bidvest, Hertz, Tempest, Woodford, Thrifty and Capital.
Cape Town International Airport Parking
Cape Town International Airport offers 5 parking zones called P1, P2, P3, P4 and Long-Term Parking P5 in addition to Valet Parking facility.
- Located on the ground floor, P1 is a 5 storied parking consisting of 4050 parking bays. Passengers with special needs can use 14 dedicated parking bays per floor. It offers first 30 minutes of free parking.
- P2 is a 5 storied parking facility consisting of 1749 parking spaces.
- Travelers can opt for Shade Parking zones called P3 and P4. They together consist of 1600 parking bays and also include the Long Stay parking P5.
- Long stay parking can be availed by travelers parking their vehicles for 5 days or more. This parking zone has 189 bays.
- One can also avail Valet Parking services near the airport.