Book cheap flights to Christchurch International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on CHC flights. Grab our Christchurch International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Christchurch International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Serving the city of Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand, Christchurch International Airport is located about 12 kilometers to the northwest of the city, in the suburb of Harewood. The airport is owned by the Christchurch City Council and the NZ Government, and is operated by the Christchurch International Airport Limited. It serves as a hub for Air New Zealand. Christchurch International Airport offers scheduled passengers flights to a number of destinations such as Singapore, Dubai, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, and more. The airport also offers cargo flights to Auckland, Sydney, and Palmerston North.
Christchurch International Airport Terminal Features
- The airport offers free wireless internet service in most of the public areas of the airport.
- At the airport, one can purchase or exchange more than 40 major and exotic foreign currencies at one of six Travelex stores. This service is available throughout a year for all arriving and departing flights.
- Travelex ATMs are available throughout the terminal with selected ATMs dispensing New Zealand Dollars, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, and Euro.
- There are several dining options both before and after the security area. One can enjoy everything from snacks to full meal at these dining options.
- "Relay" on Level One of the terminal offers full postal services including stamps, postbags and postcards. A NZ Post box is also available on Level One of the terminal. Moreover, a DX Mail post box is also available at iSITE in the International Arrivals Hall.
- Public telephones are available in both the domestic and international terminals.
- There are a number of shops at the airport from where passengers buy from a range of items including gift, newspapers, magazines, souvenirs, and more.
Christchurch International Airport Ground Transportation
Regular Metro Red Bus services link the airport to the city centre and several other locations in Christchurch. Both the Number 29 and the Purple Line and buses go via city centre. These buses are available at the northern end of the International Arrivals Hall, between the terminal and the long-term car park.
One can opt for taxi for ground transportation to and from the airport. There are two taxi ranks available near the terminal for passengers leaving the airport. One of the two taxi ranks at the airport is located outside the Regional Lounge, between the terminal and the multi-level car park building and the other one is outside the International Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rental
One can also rent a car for ground transportation to and from the airport. The car rental companies that are represented at the airport are Avis, Budget, Europcar, Ezi, and Hertz.