Book cheap flights to Hilo International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on ITO flights. Grab our Hilo International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Hilo International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Hilo International Airport (formerly known as General Lyman Field), serves most of East Hawai?i (including the Census-Designated Place of Hilo and the district of Puna) and some parts of Hamakua and Ka?u on the island of Hawai’i. It is owned and operated by the Hawai?i state Department of Transportation, and is one of two major airports on the island. Hilo International Airport offers scheduled flights to Los Angeles, Honolulu and Kahului using Hawaiian Airlines, ?Ohana by Hawaiian (operated by Empire Airlines) and United Airlines. Hilo International Airport is the smallest of the state's five major airports in terms of passenger arrivals and departures.
Hilo International Airport Amenities
- Hilo International Airport offer paid Wi-Fi services.
- The airport has shops selling newspapers, magazines, bestselling novels and other printed books.
- Passengers wishing to buy fresh flowers can go to the outlet called Lin’s Lei Stand in the airport.
- Travelers wishing to buy fashion wears and accessories can visit Tiara Enterprises in the airport.
- There is a restaurant and a bar at the airport.
- The airport has medical facilities and Automated External Defibrillators (for heart patients).
- For cash withdrawal, there is ATM at the airport. The airport has reserved facilities for passengers with reduced mobility.
Hilo International Airport Ground Transportation
For ground transportation, Hilo International Airport offers cars and taxis.
- Public transit or bus service is provided by Hele-On Bus.
- There are 7 rental car services to choose from Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz and National.
- The shuttle service is offered by Harper’s and Enterprise.
- Travelers can pre-book transport through SpeediShuttle, LLC.
- There are a total of 17 cab companies that currently offer services to Hilo Airport.
Hilo International Airport Parking
- Hilo International Airport offers first 15 minutes of free parking. Post which, the costs increases on hourly basis after first two hours and costs USD 2 for first two hours. It tops at USD 13 for a day.
- Passengers can purchase monthly tickets for parking at USD 160.
- Passengers can avail an electric vehicle charging station in the above-mentioned parking lot. This charging station can charge two vehicles at a time and parking vehicle here costs USD 7 for 24 hours.
- One can pick-up or drop-off passengers in the Cellular Telephone Waiting Area. It is free for first one hour.
- There are reserved parking spaces for passengers with reduced mobility.