Book cheap flights to Kiruna Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on KRN flights. Grab our Kiruna Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Kiruna Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Sweden’s northernmost airport, Kiruna Airport serves the town of Kiruna in Norrbotten province. This public airport lies about 6 miles from the town and is operated by Swedavia. A part of this airport hosts the coveted Spaceport Sweden project that seeks to produce personal suborbital spaceflight for space tourism, research and education.
Kiruna Airport offers scheduled domestic flights to Stockholm and Umea, and seasonal charter flights to popular destinations including London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle. The airlines serving the airport chiefly include Norwegian Air Shuttle, Scandinavian Airlines and Transun (operated by Enter Air).
Kiruna Airport Amenities
- Kiruna Airport offers free Wi-Fi for first 3 hours or 100 MB, whichever a passenger exhausts first.
- Passengers can avail postal and courier services in the airport.
- The airport features a lounge, a VIP lounge and a conference hall.
- Travelers can choose daily special meals or can ask for an à la carte menu for their meals at SPiS restaurant in the airport.
- One can buy souvenirs and other traditional decorative items from Souvenirshop in the airport.
Kiruna Airport Ground Transportation
Travelers can choose from the services of rental cars, buses and taxis to travel to and from the airport.
- The rental car service providers are Avis, Europcar and Hertz.
- There is a network of municipally-owned buses near the airport that depart ever every 30 minutes to various locations in and around the city.
- Some local resorts offer pre-booked flight and ski transfers.
- There are 2 taxi service providers to choose from- Flygtaxi and Taxi Kiruna.
Kiruna Airport Parking
Travelers can choose to park their vehicles near the airport in Long-Term or Short-Term parking spots.
- Long-term parking costs USD 13.90 per day for first five days and USD 6.94 per day from 6th day until 12th day. Thereafter it costs USD 4.63 every day.
- Short-term parking can be availed for a maximum of 4 hours and it costs USD 2.31 per hour.