Book cheap flights to Malta International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on MLA flights. Grab our Malta International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Malta International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Malta’s only airport, Malta International Airport serves all the Maltese Islands. It is located between Luqa and Gudja on island of Malta on the site of a former location of the former Royal Air Force base called RAF Luqa. This public airport is locally known as Luqa Airport and Valletta Airport, the latter name is derived from the fact that the airport is located about 3 miles away from the Maltese capital Valletta. Malta International Airport hosts the annual Malta Airshow that is visited by military and civil aircraft from various countries. This public airport serves as a hub for Air Malta and is a focus city of Ryanair. It is owned by Malta International Airport plc. Malta International Airport also hosts the Air Wing of the Armed Forces of Malta for security purposes.
Malta International Airport offers scheduled international flights to several popular destinations including Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Moscow, Geneva, Rome, Tel Aviv, Vienna, Warsaw, Istanbul, Budapest, Stockholm and Zurich. It also offers seasonal flights to some major destinations including Athens, Oslo, Brussels, Prague, Glasgow and Madrid. The airlines serving the airport include British Airways, Air France, Emirates, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Lufthansa and Thomson Airways.
Malta International Airport Amenities
- Malta International Airport offers the paid service of two luxury lounges for all its travelers.
- Passengers get free Wi-Fi.
- The airport is dotted with several charging points; even food courts here have several wall-mounted charging points.
- The airport has plenty of restaurants and cafes like KFC, Costa Coffee, McDonald’s, Talbot & Bons and Vecchia Napoli. There are also some bars at the airport from where passengers can purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- The airport also has ATM machines to facilitate cash withdrawal. There are conference rooms for business passengers with a seating facility for approximately eighty people at a time. These fully-furnished rooms offer Wi-Fi access, teleconferencing and audio-visual tools.
- The airport also has dental clinic, fitness lounge and medical aesthetics clinics. .
- There is a facility of baby-sitting for young kids at the airport.
- There are several stores (including a duty-free store) selling fashion accessories, souvenirs, perfumes, cosmetics, jewelry, branded clothes and bestselling books at the airport terminal.
Malta International Airport Ground Transportation
- Malta International Airport’s official shuttle service is called Malta Transfer, and it runs from passengers' hotels to airport and vice versa.
- There are taxis and air-conditioned buses from the airport to various parts in Malta.
- Car rental services available at the airport include AVIS, Budget, Thrifty, Dollar, Europcar, First, GOLDCAR, Greenmotion, Hertz and SIXT.
Malta International Airport Parking
- Passengers to and from Malta International Airport can park their vehicles on an hourly basis.
- Parking for first 10 minutes is free. It costs EUR 2 for 10 minutes to 1 hour, and costs EUR 15 for 12 to 24 hours.