Book cheap flights to Pittsburgh International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on PIT flights. Grab our Pittsburgh International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Pittsburgh International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Pittsburgh International Airport, formerly known as Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, serves the city of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, US. It is the busiest airport in western Pennsylvania and the second-busiest airport in the state. This civil-military international airport is located in Findlay and Moon townships of Allegheny County, nearly 20 miles away from downtown Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh International Airport is owned by Allegheny County and is operated by Allegheny County Airport Authority. It is a hub for Southern Airways Express and a focus city for Allegiant Air and OneJet.
The airport offers scheduled domestic flights to several destinations including New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Houston and Washington. One can also avail Pittsburgh International Airport offers scheduled international flights to major destinations including Cancun, Reykjavik and Toronto in addition to some seasonal flights destinations like Frankfurt, Paris and Punta Cana. The airlines serving the airport include American Airlines, American Eagle, Delta Connection, United Airlines and United Express.
Pittsburgh International Airport Amenities
- There is free Wi-Fi available at the airport. The airport is dotted with several ATMs.
- Pittsburgh International Airport features an exclusive lounge for professional servicemen of US Armed Forces and their families. It is called Pittsburgh International Airport Military Lounge. It provides work stations and offers gift certificates to active members of the military.
- Traveling mothers can use Mothers’ Nursing Lounge to breastfeed their babies and change their clothes.
- The airport is dotted with several major fast food and cafe joints including Starbucks, McDonald’s and Subway. One can also go to bakeries and have a few cakes and pastries there.
- Passengers can purchase books, snacks, fashion accessories, souvenirs and electronic gadgets etc from a large number of shops at the airport.
Pittsburgh International Airport Ground Transportation
For ground transportation, there are rental cars, ridesharing options, public transportation, taxis, shuttles, charter buses and Limousines to travel to/from Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Car rental services are offered by Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Payless.
- Ridesharing or taxi-on-demand services are offered by Uber, Lyft and zTrip.
- Passengers with special needs can avail Access. It is a ridesharing and advance reservations-based para-transit service that is maintained by 8 different companies in and around Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh International Airport Parking
Passengers to Pittsburgh International Airport can choose from 3 different zones to park their vehicles.
- Extended Economy Parking is free for first hour. It costs USD 2 for 2nd hour and tops at USD 8 for a day.
- Long Term Parking costs USD 3 per hour and tops at USD 14 per day.
- Short Term Parking costs USD 1 for first hour, USD 4 per hour afterwards and USD 24 for a day.
- There are also valet parking, cell phone lots and disabled parking services.