Book cheap flights to Wellington International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on WLG flights. Grab our Wellington International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Wellington International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Wellington International Airport, formerly known as Rongotai Airport, serves the city of Wellington in New Zealand. It is the third-busiest airport in the country and is located about 3.45 miles away from the city centre in Rongotai, Wellington. This public-use is co-owned by Infratil and Wellington City Council, and is operated by Wellington International Airport Ltd. Wellington International Airport is a hub for Air New Zealand and houses several smaller general aviation businesses.
Wellington International Airport offers scheduled domestic flights to destinations including Auckland, Christchurch, Napier and Dunedin and flights to international destinations including Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Singapore. Some of the major airlines serving Wellington International Airport include Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Australia, Air New Zealand and Fiji Airways.
Wellington International Airport Amenities
- There is free Wi-Fi facility available at the airport. Currency exchange service is available at Travelex outlet. It supports services for over 40 world currencies and is open 365 days a year.
- The airport has paid conference rooms for conferences, functions, board meetings and interviews. These rooms can accommodate up to 100 people at a time.
- First Aid, medical and emergency services are also available at the airport
- There are baby-changing facilities which include facilities for nappy disposals, changing tables and seats for feeding.
- The airport has a large number of shopping outlets that sell organic and premium cosmetics, travel necessities, fashion accessories, souvenirs, books and magazines.
- Passengers can visit JR Duty Free to purchase confectioneries, cosmetics and liquor.
- The airport has few lounges reserved for passengers arriving of Air New Zealand and Qantas. These lounges feature Wi-Fi, Barista Coffee, telephones with free local calls and business facilities.
Wellington International Airport Ground Transportation
For ground transportation, passengers can use rental cars, taxis, shuttles and bus to travel to and from Wellington International Airport.
- There are 4 authorized taxi service providers at the airport. They are Wellington Combined Taxis, Green Cabs, Kiwi Cabs, Hutt & City Taxis and Corporate Cabs.
- Passengers looking for rental car services can choose from Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar New Zealand, Ezi, Hertz and Thrifty.
Wellington International Airport Parking
Wellington International Airport features 3 different types of parking services called Short-term Parking, Long-Term Parking and Valet Parking. The airport also has dedicated pick-up and drop-off zones for actively embarking and disembarking passengers.
- Short-Term Parking is free for first 10 minutes.
- Long-Term Parking features a free shuttle service to the airport terminal and back.