Aircalin is a French airline, having its headquarters in Noumea, New Caledonia. Aircalin started services in 1983. With a fleet of 7 aircraft, Aircalin flights fly to 12 destinations. The airline has its primary hub at La Tontouta International Airport and a secondary hub at Wallis Hihifo Airport. Aircalin's parent company is the Government of New Caledonia.
Passengers buying Aircalin tickets can fly to destinations in - Australia, Fiji, France, Japan, New Zealand, and Vanuatu. Aircalin has codeshare agreements with Air France, Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Vanuatu, and Qantas. The airline's frequent flyer program is called Flying Blue.
As of October 2019, the Aircalin fleet comprises a total of seven aircraft, which includes - (2) Airbus A320-200, (1) Airbus A330-200, (2) Airbus A330-900neo, and (2) de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter. Aircalin Classes of Service
Aircalin offers three classes of service for passengers buying Aircalin flight tickets. This includes -
Business Hibiscus Class
- Business Class passengers will be offered priority check-in counters.
- The passengers are allowed baggage allowance of 2 pieces of luggage of 23 kg.
- Business Class passengers get to earn more Flying Blue miles and get quicker access to miles program benefits.
- Passengers can relax in the comfort of business lounges during transit at Noumea, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Papeete, Nadi, Tokyo, and Osaka.
- The business Class cabin features 26 seats and is available on long and medium-haul routes on Airbus A330neo.
- Business Hibiscus seat features a USB socket and a 110-volt socket to recharge electronic devices.
- For the entertainment, Business Class seats have a state-of-the-art 39cm HD LED touch screen with a remote control featuring more than 150 programs, including latest and classic movies, TV series, movies, documentaries, and more.
- Meals and wine are served on long-haul flights. Special meals are also available on request at the time of booking.
- There's also a facility for on-board shopping. Passengers can buy a great range of duty-free items like perfumes, jewelry, brand-name alcohol and more.
Premium Economy Class
Passengers who have bought Aircalin tickets for Premium Economy can enjoy the amenities mentioned below!
- The Premium Class passengers are allowed 2 pieces of luggage of 23 kg on long-haul flights.
- Premium Class passengers accumulating Flying Blue air miles will have quicker access to the benefits offered by the program.
- The Premium Economy Cabin features only three rows, available only on long-haul and medium-haul A330neo flights.
- There's also mood lighting offered for each stage of the flight.
- Premium Economy passengers get a comfort pack. mineral water, a soft and comfortable pillow for the smooth journey, a blanket, and champagne.
- The Premium Economy Class seats feature a USB port to recharge electronic gadgets and a 110-volt plug.
- Passengers are also served meals. There's also children's menu on offer.
- There's also the facility of special meals on offer. The request for which should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Passengers can also indulge in duty-free onboard shopping. Some of the items available on offer include - perfumes, jewelry, brand-name alcohol, and more.
Aircalin Online Check-in
- The Economy Class cabin features 244 seats specially designed for long-haul flights.
- The new Aircalin Economy Class is available on all long-haul and medium-haul flights in A330neo aircraft.
- The Economy Class seats feature a USB socket to recharge devices and a 110-volt outlet for two seats.
- There's also a facility for children meals and special meals to be requested at the time of booking the flight.
- Passengers are also offered a facility of on-board, duty-free shopping. Passengers can shop for perfumes, jewelry, brand-name alcohol, and more.
Aircalin offers the facility of online check-in for the Aircalin-operated flights. For the passengers who have bought tickets for the airline operated flights and those who have grabbed Aircalin flight deals, they can check-in online from 30 hours before the scheduled departure time of the flight.