Founded on April 7, 1992, Azerbaijan Airlines is the flag carrier of Azerbaijan and the largest airline in the country. With a fleet of 21 aircraft, Azerbaijan Airlines flights fly to 36 destinations. Some of the countries served by the airline include - Afghanistan, Belarus, China, Croatia, France, Germany, India, Iran, Israel, Italy, Pakistan, and Russia to name a few.
Azerbaijan Airlines has its hub at Heydar Aliyev International Airport, and its subsidiary includes Buta Airways. The airline has codeshare agreements with Air Arabia, airBaltic, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, SCAT, Ukraine International Airlines, Air France, Belavia, Lufthansa, S7 Airlines, and Turkish Airlines (Star Alliance).Azerbaijan Airlines Fleet
As of October 2019, Azerbaijan Airlines fleet comprises 21 aircraft, which includes - 3 (Airbus A319-100), 6 (Airbus A320-200), 2 (Airbus A340-500), 2 (Boeing 757-200), 2 (Boeing 767-300ER), 2 (Boeing 787-8), 1 (Airbus ACJ319), 1 (Airbus ACJ320), 1 (Airbus ACJ340-600), and 1 (Boeing 767-300ER). Azerbaijan Airlines Free Baggage Allowance
Passengers buying Azerbaijan Airlines tickets get some free baggage allowance, which is different for different cabin classes. This includes -
VIP Club - 3 pieces of luggage not exceeding 32 kg each.
Comfort Club - 2 pieces of luggage not exceeding 32 kg each.
Business Class - 2 pieces of luggage not exceeding 32 kg each.
Economy Class - 1 piece of luggage not exceeding 23 kg. On certain routes its 2 pieces of baggage not exceeding 23 kg.
For more details, please refer to the airline's website.Classes of Services
Azerbaijan Airlines offers 4 classes of services, which includes -
- VIP Club offers exclusive services to its passengers. This class features fully flat beds for extra comfort.
- There's the in-seat power supply to help travelers charge their electronic devices.
- Passengers are given fast track services at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport for departure.
- Travelers also get Business Class lounge access at airports.
- VIP Club members get generous free luggage allowance, including 3 pieces of luggage weighing up to 32 kg each and 2 carry-on luggage weighing up to 10 kg.
- To keep travelers occupied throughout their journey, they are given inflight magazine.
- There's also facility of sky shopping. Passengers can check the On-Board Sales Catalog to buy items.
- For entertainment, there's a 17-inch touch-screen display, offering a variety of classic films, audio, television, and more to make your journey more exciting.
- Passengers are given exclusive amenity kit featuring high-quality toiletries, accessories, and pyjamas.
- The little kids aged between 4 and 10 are given special gifts.
- For the flights that are of more than four hours duration, passengers are given a bedsheet, a mattress, a pillow, and a blanket.
When you buy Azerbaijan flight tickets for Comfort Club you are going to experience an exciting mix of efficiency, convenience, and comfort.
- Get set to enjoy more space for work and to relax. The seats have extra legroom with a wide-angle recline.
- Passengers get a priority check-in, and a priority boarding.
- They are also provided with fast track services at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport for departure.
- Comfort Class members are given access to Business Class lounges at the airports to relax and rejuvenate.
- Passengers get a free baggage allowance of 2 pieces of baggage weighing up to 32 kg each, and 2 carry-on baggage weighing up to 10 kg.
- Comfort Club passengers are treated to meals and beverages served on fine china. Special meals are also available for travelers having special dietary requirements. But the request for the same has to be placed at least 20 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
- A hot towel is offered to passengers before each meal to refresh.
- For the entertainment, there's personal in-seat 10.6-inch touchscreen display on B-787 aircraft, which offers a variety of programs, films, games, podcasts, and more.
- An in-flight magazine is also offered to passengers, which has articles on interesting topics.
- There's also facility of sky shopping. Passengers can check the On-Board Sales Catalogue to make purchases.
- To add extra comfort to the journey, passengers are given an amenity kit that features high qualities toiletries and accessories (Amenity kit is offered on flights that are of more than 7 hours duration).
- Special gifts are offered to the little ones, aged between 4 and 10 on flights which are of more than 7 hours duration.
- Passengers buying Azerbaijan Airlines tickets in Business Class enjoy great mix of efficiency, comfort, and convenience.
- Business Class features more space for work and relaxation. The seats have extra leg room with wide-angle recline.
- Passengers are provided priority check-in and priority boarding.
- Travelers get fast track services at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport.
- Passengers are allowed access to Business Class lounges at airports.
- Business Class passengers get a baggage allowance of 2 pieces of luggage weighing up to 32 kg each, and carry-on baggage weighing up to 10 kg.
- Delicious meals are served for passengers on fine china. Travelers are also given a hot towel to refresh before each meal. Passengers can also delight in a wide choice of alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.
- For the passengers having special dietary requirements, special meals are offered, and travelers are required to place a request for a meal at least 20 hours before the flight's scheduled departure time.
- Passengers are offered inflight magazine featuring interesting articles, and there's also a facility of sky shopping. Check the on-board catalog to make your purchase.
- Business Class travelers are also given a travel kit that comprises personal hygiene items, accessories, and pillows.
- For entertainment, passengers can watch movies onboard or listen to music.
When you travel in Economy Class of A-340, B787 and B767 aircraft, you will enjoy extra space, extra legroom, and greater comfort.
AZAL- Miles Program
- The seats are ergonomically designed and come with adjustable headrest and recline for added comfort.
- For the entertainment, there's an in-seat 10.6-inch touch screen display featuring a great choice of the latest classic movies, and television programs, games, podcasts, and more. On A319/320, B-757 aircraft, there're overhead video monitors.
- To keep passengers occupied throughout the journey, they are given inflight magazines.
- There's also the facility of onboard shopping, check the onboard sales catalog to do the purchase.
- Economy Class passengers get a free baggage allowance of one piece of baggage of up to 23 kg and one carry-on baggage of up to 10 kg.
- Delicious meals are served to the passengers along with a great choice of complimentary drinks.
- There's also a facility of special meals, and the request for the same can be placed at least 20 hours before the flight's scheduled departure time.
AZAL Miles is the frequent flyer program of Azerbaijan Airlines. Passengers can earn miles every-time they fly by Azerbaijan Airlines, and also when using the services of partners. The points can be used for buying Azerbaijan Airlines flight tickets.
Azerbaijan Airlines Web Check-in Policy
For the passengers buying tickets in Azerbaijan Airlines flights, the airline offers the facility of online check-in. The online check-in is available from 24 hours before departure and is available until 60 minutes before the flight's scheduled departure time.