Founded in June 1988, China Eastern Airlines is a major Chinese airline operating on international, domestic, and regional routes. The airline is headquartered on the grounds of Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport in Changning District, Shanghai. The parent company of the airline is - China Eastern Air Holding Company.
China Eastern Airlines is China's second-largest carrier by passenger numbers. The airline has an alliance with SkyTeam, and its subsidiaries include - China Cargo Airlines, China United Airlines, and Shanghai Airlines. With a fleet of 530 aircraft, the airline operates flights to 217 destinations. China Eastern Airlines offer world-class hospitality with Eastern charm.
China Eastern Airline has its hubs at Shanghai-Pudong, Shanghai-Hongqiao, Kunming, and Xi'an. And secondary hubs at Beijing-Capital, and Qingdao. The airline’s focus cities include - Chengdu, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Hong Kong, Lanzhou, Nanchang, Nanjing, Ningbo, Taiyuan, Wuhan, and Yantai.Special Services
Some special services are offered to the passengers having done China Eastern Airline reservations. These include -
- Special Meals - Passengers having requirement for special meals are requested to call at rep office at-least 24 hours before flight’s scheduled departure time.
- Unaccompanied Children and Minor - The airline offer facilities for unaccompanied children and minor. The airline takes care of kids aged between 5 and 12 years, who are traveling unaccompanied - both inflight and in transit. Passengers are required to visit rep office to apply for this service.
- Passengers with Disabilities - Passengers having disabilities can travel safely with China Eastern Airlines. Passengers are required to notify reservation office at-least 72 hours in advance before flight departure.
- Baby Bassinets and Packs - Long haul flights offer baby bassinets and packs, as well as wide range of baby food. Toilets have special fold-down tables for changing diaper. For safety concerns, China Eastern Airlines does not accept babies under 14 days old.
- Mothers-to-Be - The airline allow woman with pregnancies up to 36 weeks. Pregnant women are requested to contact reservations office for more information about airline policies and available services.
- China Eastern Wheel-Chair Services - the airline offers wheel chair service at no additional cost. The attendant assists in transporting passengers within the airport area and to the gate or aircraft door.
- Visually Impaired Passengers - Visually impaired passengers who have booked China Eastern airline tickets are allowed to bring a cane or other assistive/supportive device with them into the cabin. These items are not subject to the cabin baggage limit and may be carried free of charge.
- Hearing Impaired Passengers - Hearing impaired passengers are required to inform the airline in advance so that airline can provide them an assistance in the event flight is delayed or if the departure gate is changed after they have checked in.
Passengers having booked China Eastern airline flights can avail web check-in facility and check in from the comforts of their home or office. The check-in is available from 24 hours up to 90 minutes prior to flight departure.
Online check-in can be done in five steps - enter E-ticket number and your name, select your flight, enter your travel document details, select your seat, and print your online boarding pass.