Book cheap flights to Almaty International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on ALA flights. Grab our Almaty International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Almaty International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Built in 1935, Almaty International Airport is the largest international public airport in Kazakhstan. It serves Kazakhstan’s commercial capital, Almaty and is located 9.3 miles northeast of the city. This airport accounts for 50% of incoming passenger traffic and 68% of cargo traffic to Kazakhstan. Almaty International Airport is locally known as Xaliqaraliq Almati Awejayi (in Kazakh language) and Mezhdunarodnyy Aeroport Almaty (in Russian language). It is owned by JSC Almaty International Airport a serves as a hub for Air Astana, Bek Air, SCAT Airlines and Qazaq Air. Passengers can avail scheduled flights to several domestic destinations (including Aktau, Astana and Aktobe), international destinations (including Bangkok, Moscow, St Petersburg, Beijing, Delhi, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kiev, Paris, Seoul, Frankfurt and Istanbul) and seasonal flights (to Prague, Amsterdam, Thessaloniki and Sanya). The airlines serving Almaty International Airport include KLM, Lufthansa, China Southern Airlines, Turkish Airlines and Ukraine International Airlines.
Almaty International Airport Amenities
- Passengers can enjoy free Wi-Fi inside the airport terminals by selecting the SSID network named FreeWiFiAirport.
- The airport features cafes, bars, and fast food outlets selling local delicacies and snacks.
- Passengers can use currency exchange services and ATMs in the airport.
- Traveling mothers can use ‘Mother-and-Child’ room for feeding their kids and availing baby-changing facilities in privacy.
- There is a First Aid Post in the airport that includes 5 physicians, 5 medical assistants and 5 physicians exclusively on-duty for ‘Mother-and-Child’ room.
- Travelers on a pre-flight shopping spree can purchase souvenirs, gift packs, perfumes, cosmetics, fashion accessories, sweets and confectionaries from a duty-free shop.
- Passengers can purchase newspaper and magazines from newsstands and kiosks in the airport.
- Travelers can use the national postal service called ‘Kazpost’ for their postal orders.
- The airport is dotted with paid telephone booths.
- Passengers can avail Hotel Aksunkar (located at a 3 minutes’ walk from the airport) for their overnight or inter-flight stays.
Almaty International Airport Ground Transportation
Travelers can use city buses (bus no. 79, 86, 92 and 106) to move in and around the city from the airport.
Almaty International Airport Parking
Almaty International Airport has two parking zones - covered and uncovered, and both of them cost the same. Parking is free for 15 minutes, costs around USD 1 for next 2 hours and tops at USD 6 for 24 hours.