Book cheap flights to Catania-Fontanarossa Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on CTA flights. Grab our Catania-Fontanarossa Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Catania-Fontanarossa Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport serves Catania, the second largest city on the Italian island of Sicily. It is alternatively known as Vincenzo Bellini Airport in honor of the noted city-born opera composer Vincenzo Bellini. This public airport is sometimes also referred to as Catania International Airport in English because it is located 2.6 miles away from the city. Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is the busiest airport in Sicily and the 6th busiest in Italy. It is operated by SAC and serves as a focus city for Alitalia, Mistral Air and Ryanair.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport offers scheduled flights to several domestic and intentional destinations including Milan, Rome, Geneva, Zürich, Hamburg, Cologne/Bonn, Stuttgart, Amsterdam and Naples. Since Catania is a tourist destination, majority of flights to and from this airport are seasonal and they cater to a wider range of destinations than the scheduled ones. The airlines connecting these destinations to the airport chiefly include KLM, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Thomson Airways, Thomas Cook Airlines Air Berlin, Alitalia, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Bulgaria Air, Finnair, Germania, Iberia and Turkish Airlines.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport Amenities
Those looking for traditional jewelry and designer apparels can visit Rapisarda and Sicania.
- The airport has several banks and cash dispensers (ATMs) in its premises.
- There are several cafes, restaurants and bars located in the airport that together serve a large variety of delicious cuisines and beverages.
- There is a post office where passengers can post their letters etc.
- Travelers on international trips can use the currency exchange office in the terminal.
- There is a VIP Lounge called Alitalia Bellini VIP Lounge that serves a wide range of luxurious features.
- Passengers on a pre-flight shopping spree can visit Aldeasa Italia srl. It has a wide range of duty-free products.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport Ground Transportation
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is well connected to other parts of the city and nearby though rental cars, buses, taxi and even helicopters.
- The rental car services available include Hertz, Holiday, Italy, Locauto and Forzese.
- Bus services are offered by AMT ‘ALIBUS’. Intercity travelling can be availed through other bus service providers like AST, Via Luigi Sturzo, ETNA Transport and Interbus.
- Travelers can choose from the taxi services of Social Taxi Catania and Taxi Service Sat.
- Helicopter services are offered by Elios Helicopters Ltd and Mediterranean Aviation Services.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport Parking
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport offers 3 different options to its travelers to park their vehicles- Short Stay P1, Short Stay P2 and Long Stay P4.
- Short Stay P1 has 98 parking slots. It is free for first 15 minutes, EUR 2 for first hour and EUR 30 for a day.
- Long Stay P2 has 220 parking slots. It is free for first 15 minutes, EUR 2 for first hour and EUR 9 for a day.
- Long Stay P4 has 620 parking slots. It costs a flat EUR 2 for first 2 days and then increases on a daily basis.