Book cheap flights to Hamad International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on DOH flights. Grab our Hamad International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Hamad International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Doha International Airport was Qatar's primary commercial international airport and was subsequently replaced by Hamad International Airport in May 2014. Hamad International Airport (also known as Matar ?amad al-Duwali in Arabic language) is now the international airport serving Qatar’s capital city of Doha. It is the first ever airport in the Middle East and the world’s 6th airport to receive the ‘5-Star Airport’ designation by Skytrax in January 2017. This airport is owned by Qatar Civil Aviation Authority and is operated by Qatar Airways. Hamad International Airport serves as a hub for Qatar Airways, Qatar Airways Cargo and Qatar Executive. The airport offers scheduled international flights to several destinations including London, Frankfurt, Beirut, Delhi, Mumbai, Muscat, Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen, Geneva, Milan, Melbourne, Venice and Tokyo. Doha International Airport is served by some of the world’s most famous airlines like British Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Oman Air, Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines.
Hamad International Airport Amenities
- Hamad International Airport features a large number of shopping outlets that together sell a wide range of beauty, skincare, perfumes, electronic gadgets, fashion accessories, foods and beverages, watches, jewelry, sports merchandise and several travel accessories. There are a few outlets for duty-free shopping as well.
- Passengers wishing to purchase beauty-care products and cosmetics can go to blush, Esquire, Nails and Victoria’s Secret.
- Those looking for books, magazines and bestsellers can go to Bazaar, WHSmith and Harrods.
- Passengers can visit Qatar Duty Free stores to purchase souvenirs, perfumes, skincare items, confectioneries, fashion wears etc.
- Electronic gadgets and accessories are available at Samsung, Virgin Megastore, Pulse, 24seven etc.
- There are several outlets like Armani Junior, Hugo Boss, Giorgio Armani, Mont Balnc etc that travelers can visit to buy branded fashion wears.
- Those wishing to purchase jewelry and premium watches can go to Tag Heuer, Rolex, Swarovski amidst several other outlets in the airport.
- Travelers can choose to dine at top-notch restaurants serving Arabic, American, European, International, Italian, and seafood delicacies.
- There are premium lounges and fitness centers at the airport.
- The airport features banking services and several ATMs.
Hamad International Airport Ground Transportation
For ground transportation, there are buses, rental cars, Limousines and taxis.
- Some of the popular rental car service providers at the airport include Avis, Europcar, Sixt, Hertz, National, Payless and Rent-It.
- There are 2 taxi service operators, the state-owned Mowasalat and Karwa.
- Limousine services are offered by Mowasalat Limousine.
- All buses are operated by Mowasalat, Qatar’s state transport company.
Hamad International Airport Parking
Hamad International Airport features 2 options for parking - Short-Term Parking and Long-Term Parking.
- Short-Term Parking offers covered secured parking for up to 15 days with easy access to the terminal building via dedicated walkways. It is free for first 30 minutes and costs USD 1.33 for first hour.
- Long-Term Parking offers covered and secured parking for up to 60 days with complementary shuttle service. It costs a flat USD 0.53 per hour and tops at USD 12 per 24 hours.