Book cheap flights to Chicago Midway International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on MDW flights. Grab our Chicago Midway International Airport flight Deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Chicago Midway International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Chicago Midway International Airport is a commercial airport serving the city of Chicago in the American state of Illinois. It was opened in 1927 and is now the second-largest passenger airport in the state. This airport is owned by the City of Chicago and operated by Chicago Department of Aviation. Chicago Midway International Airport is a focus city for Southwest Airlines.
Chicago Midway International Airport provides flights to several cities including Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Albany, Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Buffalo, Charleston, Charlotte and Cincinnati. It also offers international flights to Toronto, Guadalajara, Morelia and Leon. The airlines serving Chicago Midway International Airport include Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Southwest Airlines, Volaris, Ultimate Air Shuttle, ViaAir, Porter Airlines and North Country Sky (operated by CFM).
Chicago Midway International Airport Amenities
- The airport offers free and paid internet services through Wi-Fi. Free internet access offers 30 minutes of complimentary service in exchange of watching a sponsored advertisement. Paid or premium access offers up to 4 times faster internet services and is available in hourly, daily and monthly plans.
- There’re AC outlets, chairs with built-in charging outlets, charging stations and outlets at the terminal’s gates. All of the gate waiting areas offer seats equipped with power outlets.
- Inside the airport, Seaway National Bank provides foreign currency exchange services for more than 200 currencies.
- An outlet of United Service Organizations offers free internet access, free food and beverage, movies, calling cards and restrooms to active military personnel and their families at the airport.
- The airport offers translation service through I-Speak language cards that help non-English speaking travelers to talk through a Limited English Proficiency (LEP) phone in over 200 different languages.
- Traveling mothers can use Mothers’ Room to breastfeed their babies in a private space.
- The airport also offers a yoga room, a chapel and many art galleries.
Chicago Midway International Airport Ground Transportation
For ground transportation, Chicago Midway International Airport offers buses, taxis, Limousines, rideshare services, shuttles and rental cars to travel through the city from the airport.
- The state transport offers three networks of buses (CTA Orange Line, CTA Buses and Pace Buses) to choose from, depending on destination.
- The car rental companies available at the airport are Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty and Corporate.
- Shuttles are available from the airport round-the-clock, and they make pickups and drop offs every 15 minutes.
Chicago Midway International Airport Parking
For the parking, passengers can choose from 5 different parking lots- Cell Phone Lot, Hourly Garage, Daily Garage, Daily Lot and Econ Park.
- The Cell Phone Lot offers temporary and free of charge parking services. This parking lot is located less than 4 minutes away from the main terminal area.
- The Main Garage (Hourly), located adjacent to the main terminal building, offers hourly and daily parking at $2 for first 30 minutes, $7 for 1 to 2 hours and $63 for 9 to 24 hours.
- The Main Garage (Daily), located next to the main terminal building, offers hourly and daily parking at $2 for first 30 minutes, $5 for first 1 hour and $40 for 8 to 24 hours.
- The Daily Lot is meant for short stays at the airport. It costs $2 for first 30 minutes, $5 for an hour and $30 per day.
- Passengers can choose from two economy parking locations for long-term parking. They cost $2 for first 30 minutes, $5 for first hour and $15 afterwards. These parking lots also offer free shuttle buses to the main Midway terminal building every 10-15 minutes.