Book cheap flights to Riga International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on RIX flights. Grab our Riga International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Riga International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Riga International Airport is a public-use, international airport serving Latvia’s national capital Riga. The airport is located in the Marupe municipality, about 6.2 miles west of Riga and is thus locally known as Starptautiska lidosta Riga. It is largest airport in the Baltic States and serves as a base with scheduled direct flights to over 90 destinations in 30 countries.
Riga International Airport is owned by Government of Latvia and operated by TAV Airports. It serves as a hub for airBaltic, Primera Air, SmartLynx Airlines and Wizz Air. The airport offers scheduled flights to several popular international cities including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Moscow, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm. Some of the world’s most renowned airlines (like Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, airBaltic, Norwegian Air Shuttle and Ukraine International Airlines ) connect Riga International Airport with the rest of the world.
Riga International Airport Amenities
- Duty-Free shopping is available for only those travelers who are departing or are in-transit to destinations outside the European Union.
- Travelers can purchase a wide range of confectioneries, liquors, tobacco, bath and body cosmetics, perfumery, cosmetics, designer clothing, designer bags, fashion accessories and Latvian souvenirs at the airport. The shops offering a duty-free experience are STU Duty Free, BTV Local Shop and Stenders.
- RIGA International Airport offers cafes selling traditional drinks, snacks, coffee and quick meals like pizzas. Some of the outlets here include Coffee Nation, NEEDSTOP, TASTY, Sweet Delight and Yakuza Sushi & Asian Fusion. There is a bar as well inside the terminal.
- Travelers wishing to taste traditional, delicious Latvian cuisine can head towards Lido Restaurant & Bistro. Other popular restaurants and cafes here are TGI Friday's (it sells American meals), Costa Coffee (for coffee) and Pascucci bars.
- For banking & currency exchange, ICE and Eurex Capital are available at the airport. The airport also has a facility for those claiming their VAT or tax refunds.
Riga International Airport Ground Transportation
- Passengers can choose from 4 rental cars- AVIS, Budget, Europcar and SIXT.
- The city has a robust network of road transport, and those wishing to board a bus to or from the airport can use Bus No. 22. It has direct services between the airport and the city centre.
Riga International Airport Parking
Passengers can choose from different types of parking options- Short Term Car Park (P1) and Long Term Park (P2 and P3). They are all located close to the airport terminal.
- Short Term Car Park (P1) costs EUR 1.50 for first 30 minutes and EUR 28.50 per day.
- Long Term Park (P2) costs EUR 4.00 EUR per day and Long Term Park (P3) costs EUR 3.50 per day.