Book cheap flights to Santorini International Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on JTR flights. Grab our Santorini International Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Santorini International Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Santorini International Airport serves the Greek island of Santorini, classically known as Thera or Thira. This island is located in Southern Aegean Sea and lies about 120 miles away from Greek mainland. Greece is known for its profound culture, delightful natural scenery and eclectic cuisines and the same facts rings true for Thira as well. This beautiful Greek island is a prominent vacation destination and attracts a large number of tourists every year at certain times of the year, and the same trend is reflected on its air traffic. Santorini International Airport caters to a large number of seasonal flights from several destinations worldwide, but its scheduled flight options are limited to Athens.
Santorini International Airport is owned by Greek State and is operated through a joint venture of Fraport AG and Copelouzos Group. Passengers can avail seasonal flights to several popular world cities including Milan, Rome, Vienna, London, Munich, Frankfurt, Venice, Geneva, Zurich, Stuttgart, Helsinki, Madrid, Oslo, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Paris and Barcelona. The airlines serving the airport chiefly include British Airways, Lufthansa, Iberia Express, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Thomas Cook Airlines, TUI fly Belgium, Thomson Airways, Alitalia and Finnair.
Santorini International Airport Amenities
Santorini International Airport offers a standard range of facilities for all its travelers.
- There are a total of 3 outlets of Aircanteen and Ontime Coffee & More in the airport. They together sell authentic local delicacies in addition to pies, sandwiches, pizza, salads and desserts in tasteful inspired combinations and a wide range of coffees.
- For those on a pre-flight shopping spree, Hellenic Duty Free Shops are the go-to places for purchasing various types of Greek gourmet classics, perfumes and cosmetics, tobacco products, spirits, confectionery, toys, electronics, watches and fashion accessories.
Santorini International Airport Ground Transportation
Travelers can choose to travel through cars, transit buses or taxis to or from Santorini International Airport.
- Santorini’s capital Fira is located less than 4 miles away from Santorini Airport. Passengers can take the easily accessible provincial road Mesarias-Archeas Thiras to reach there. This trip takes about 15 minutes.?
- One can choose metered taxi service from outside Santorini International Airport. It usually costs EUR 15 to 20 to travel to Fira from the airport.
- Transit bus service is provided between the Airport and Fira.