Founded on 14 June 1967, Air Mauritius is the flag carrier of Mauritius, having its headquarters at Port Louis in Mauritius. With a fleet of 14 aircraft, Air Mauritius flights fly to 22 destinations. Air Mauritius has its hub at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, and its frequent flyer program is called Kestrelflyer.
Air Mauritius has codeshare agreements with - Air Austral, Air France, Air India, Air Madagascar, Kenya Airways, Emirates, Hong Kong Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Australia.
The airlines subsidiaries include - Airmate Ltd, Air Mauritius Holidays Ltd, Air Mauritius Holidays (Pty) Ltd, Air Mauritius Institute Co Ltd, Air Mauritius SA (Proprietary) Ltd, Mauritian Holidays Ltd, Mauritius Helicopters Ltd, Mauritius Estate Development Corporation Ltd, Pointe Coton Resort Hotel Company Ltd, and Mauritius Shopping Paradise Company Ltd.
Air Mauritius Fleet
As of November 2019, Air Mauritius has a fleet comprising 14 aircraft, which includes - (2) Airbus A319-100, (2) Airbus A330-200, (2) Airbus A330-900neo, (2) Airbus A340-300, (2) Airbus A350-900, and (3) ATR 72-500. Air Mauritius Classes of Service
Air Mauritius offers two classes of service - Business Class, and Economy Class.
Travel by Air Mauritius to experience the luxury of its Business Class.
- Book Air Mauritius tickets for Business Class, and enjoy priority check-in, priority boarding, and a generous baggage allowance.
- The Business Class offers a generous baggage allowance of two pieces of hand baggage of up to 7 kg each, and two pieces of checked baggage of up to 32 kgs each.
- Business Class also offers you the facility of - buy before you fly over Air Mauritius Duty-Free. You can save 20 % on your shopping, and the duty-free items will be delivered to your seat on board.
- Business Class passengers can relax and unwind at the ward winning Amedee Maingard Lounge at the SSR International Airport or other partner lounges worldwide.
- Business Class travelers are welcomed onboard with a signature cocktail.
- Passengers are treated to delicious menus, designed to reflect the variety of local cuisines. There's also a selection of hand-picked wines to delight the passengers.
- For the entertainment, there are full HD 15.6-inch screens and noise-canceling headsets.
When you book Air Mauritius flights in Economy Class, be prepared to enjoy quality service offered by a friendly crew.
Air Mauritius Dining in Business Class
- The Economy Class seats on A340/A330 feature a 79 cm distance between seats, a comfortable seat width, and adjustable headrest, and a flip cushion for back support.
- Economy Class offers you the choice of shopping onboard. With Duty-free onboard, you can shop in the sky. Explore the Island Boutique magazine featuring an excellent collection of watches, jewelery, fragrances, spirits and more.
- The in-flight entertainment system lets passengers enjoy a fine collection of movies, TV shows, and music. The aircraft - A350, A340E and A330 comes equipped with the cutting-edge AVOD.
- Passengers are served fresh meals prepared by creative chefs, accompanied by a range of complimentary drinks. There's also a snack service available on some flights.
The Business Class menus are crafted to reflect the variety of local cuisines. Get set to enjoy cuisines from different continents. To delight the passengers, the airline also serves an exquisite selection of wines onboard.
Air Mauritius Dining in Economy Class
Get set to savor multiple flavors - Creole, European, Indian or Asian, crafted by the airline chefs. Passengers are served lunch/dinner, depending on the flight time and duration. Scrumptious hot breakfast and other meals are also served on some routes. The meals are prepared with ingredients sourced locally. Travelers are also served a full range of complimentary drinks. Economy Class passengers can buy a glass of champagne for a small fee to celebrate a special occasion.
Air Mauritius Special Meals Onboard
Air Mauritius also serves meals for the passengers having special dietary, medical or religious requirements. Passengers are required to place an order for special meals at the time of booking a flight or at least 24 hours before the flight 's scheduled departure time. However, for Kosher meals, 48-hour advance notice is required. Air Mauritius Exit Seats with Extra Legroom
A limited number of Exit row seats are available in the Economy Class on - A350, A340, and A330 aircraft. These seats are subject to an additional fee. Passengers can buy Exit row seats at the time of making an online reservation. Air Mauritius Standard Seats
Air Mauritius offers various seating options to passengers for their ease and comfort.
- Passengers can choose a window seat for a great view outside the window.
- An aisle seat to move around conveniently.
- A middle seat to be seated with family or travel companion.
Passengers can book any of these seats for a fee at the time of booking flight. They can also reserve it later on the airline's website under the section - Manage Booking. Alternatively, they can get in touch with the contact center.
Air Mauritius Web Check-In
For the passengers buying Air Mauritius flight tickets, and grabbing Air Mauritius flight deals, the airline offers the facility of online check-in. Passengers can skip the long check-in queues at the airport and opt for online check-in to save time. Passengers can check-in online from the comforts of their home or office, select their seats, and print their boarding passes, easy.