Book cheap flights to Shannon Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on SNN flights. Grab our Shannon Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Shannon Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Shannon Airport, also known as Aerfort na Sionna in Irish language, is one of Ireland's three primary airports along with Dublin and Cork. This government-owned airport serves Mid-West Region in Ireland and is operated by Shannon Group Plc. It is located in a riverside town called Shannon in County Clare. Shannon Airport became the world's first duty-free airport in 1947 and thus a worldwide standard for duty-free shopping subsequently. Note that the term ‘duty-free shopping’ is not applicable any more for flights within the European Union to or from the airport but all travelers traveling to EU can still buy goods from here by paying normal taxes.
Shannon Airport offers scheduled flights to major worldwide destinations including London, New York, Vienna, Zurich, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Paris, Marseille, Chicago, Stockholm, Berlin, Tenerife, Wroclaw and Palma de Mallorca. The airlines serving the airport chiefly include American Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa, Air Europa, Norwegian Air Shuttle (operated by Norwegian Air International) and United Airlines.
Shannon Airport Amenities
- Passengers can avail free Wi-Fi.
- Travelers can perfumes and cosmetics, alcoholic beverages, confectionery, toys, electronics, watches and fashion accessories from Shannon Duty-Free.
- The Shannon Irish Design Store features some top-of-the-line Irish handicrafts and other traditional designer products.
- WHSmith is located in the check-in area and airside after security, WHSmith offers a great range of books, confectionery and travel items.
- Passengers can choose to unwind and relax in VIP lounges (Boru and Burren) situated inside the airport.
- There are some cafes and bars in the airport- The Atlantic Café, Zest Food Market, Gate 8 Café and The Sheridan Food Pub.
- The airport offers currency exchange faculties and ATMs.
- A post box (for mailing letters and postcards only) is located adjacent to the WHSmith shop in the arrivals area.
- There is a small oratory within the airport terminal that offers a place for prayer for visitors. One can also attend Roman Catholic Mass on every Sundays at 08:45 am here.
Shannon Airport Ground Transport
Travelers can choose to travel to or from Shannon Airport can choose from the services of rental cars, self-driven cars, bus and airport cab.
There are 6 car rental service providers to choose from- Hertz, Europcar, Enterprise, Thrifty, Avis and Budget.
Passengers can avail bus services by Bus Eireann to travel in and around the city.
Shannon Airport Parking
Passengers to and from Shannon Airport can choose from 3 parking options- Shannon Park4Less, Shannon Long Term and Shannon Short Term.
- Shannon PARK4LESS is the equivalent of economy parking at Shannon Airport and offers the cheapest available car parking rates. It is located at a less than 10 minutes walk from the airport terminal. Note that online advanced reservation or pre-booking is required to park a vehicle here.
- Shannon Long Term is located is the closest and most the convenient car park at Shannon Airport. It is located at less than 3 minutes walk from the airport terminal. It offers optional pre-booking facilities to all passengers.
- Shannon Short Term is best suited for passengers parking their vehicles for less than 24 hours or are just picking-up or dropping-off someone. This parking space is located just across the road from the terminal.
- Express Parking Pass is ideal for frequent flyers. It allows all such travelers to park their vehicle in the short-term car park and avail all benefits at Shannon related to it.