Visit Rome - For its Historical Heritage!
Rome is the capital and largest city of Italy. Rome is world renowned for the ancient Roman Empire, the Seven Hills, La Dolce Vita (the sweet life), and the Vatican City. The historic centre of Rome is a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring wonderful palaces, thousand-year-old churches, gran ruins, magnificent monuments, embellished statues, and fantastic fountains. The rich historical heritage of Rome makes it one of Europe's and the world's most visited capitals. Rome also has scintillating nightlife scene and is also known for shopping. There are so many sights and attractions to check out in the city that visitors booking cheap flights from Toronto to Rome will be completely spoilt for choice.
Top Attractions in Rome
Top attractions worth booking flights from Toronto to Rome include -
- Vatican City
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- The Pantheon
- Piazza Navona
- Trevi Fountain
- Santa Maria Maggiore
- Borghese Gallery and Gardens
- Centro Storico & the Spanish Steps
- The Colosseum and the Arch of Constantine
Famous Festivals and Events in Rome
Rome celebrates festivals throughout the year. There's always something going on the city. Some of the festivals for tourists booking flights from YTO to ROM include -
Labour Day - It's a national holiday in Italy.
New Year's Day - Itis a national holiday in Italy.
Festa Della Donna or Women's Day - It’s celebrated on March 14
Republic Day or Festa della Repubblica - this national holiday is celebrated on June 2.
All Saints Day and Europa Festival - All Saints Day is celebrated on November 1, and Roma Europa Festival is ongoing throughout the month of November.
Christmas and Hanukkah - These festivals are celebrated in December.
Interesting Facts about Rome
- Rome has a museum dedicated entirely to pasta.
- Modern Rome has 280 fountains and more than 900 churches.
- St. Peter’s Basilica inside Vatican City is the largest church ever constructed.
- Nearly 700,000 euros worth of coins are tossed into Rome’s Trevi Fountain each year.
- The first ever shopping mall was built in Rome between 107 and 110 AD by Emperor Trajan.
Best Time to Visit Rome
The Eternal City can be visited all year round. The summer months of July and August could be hot and humid, and winter season between December and March is chilly. So, the best time to visit the city is between the months of September and November, and April and May. This is the time when days are bright, evenings are pleasant, and crowds are fewer in number. Tourists are advised to book flights from YTO to Rome in advance to avoid paying high prices at the last minute.
FAQS for Booking Toronto to Rome Flight Tickets
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to Rome?
Here are some important tricks to follow!
- Travel in a budget airline.
- Use air mile points to get cheap YTO to ROM flights.
- Set fare alerts to get the lowest flight discounts.
- Always search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest prices.
- Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays. Most travelers want to leave on a Friday so they can make the most of the weekend, and Sunday is a popular day to return.
How long does a flight from Toronto to Rome takes?
An average direct flight between Toronto to Rome takes about 8h 15m, covering a distance of about 7094 km.
How many flights are there between Toronto and Rome?
There are approximately 81 flights between Toronto and Rome per week, averaging 11 per day.
Which airlines fly most frequently between Toronto and Rome?
Air Transat, KLM, and Air Canada are the most frequent flyers on this route.