Book cheap flights to Southampton Airport with CheapOair.ca today! We offer highly competitive airfares on SOU flights. Grab our Southampton Airport flight deals and get set for a trip to remember. To make your travel easier and more comfortable, we have provided information on Southampton Airport below! CheapOair is a one-stop website for all your travel needs!
Southampton Airport serves Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester, Salisbury, New Forest and Hampshire in England. This public airport is located in Hampshire and is situated about 4 miles away from Southampton. The airport is owned by AGS Airports and operated by Southampton International Airport Limited. Southampton Airport is a hub for Flybe. Its runway is built over the remains of a Roman villa that was excavated in May 1925. Southampton Airport offers scheduled international and domestic flights to Amsterdam, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Dusseldorf, Lyon, Edinburgh, Manchester and Glasgow. Passengers can also avail seasonal flights to major tourist destinations including Aberdeen, Geneva and Palma de Mallorca. The airlines serving the airport chiefly include KLM (operated by KLM Cityhopper), Austrian Airlines, Aer Lingus Regional (operated by Stobart Air) and Flybe.
In 2016, European Regional Airlines Association awarded the ‘Airport of the Year’ award to Southampton Airport for the latter’s extraordinary involvement with the local community, reduction in carbon footprint and achieving significant growth in a highly competitive market.
Southampton Airport Amenities
- Passengers get free Wi-Fi for first 4 hours on their arrival. Post these 4 hours, they can pay for the services at an hourly, daily or monthly basis.
- The airport is dotted with several payphones and cash machines. There is also an outlet of MoneyCorp for currency exchange.
- Passengers can avail ‘Priority Lounge’ to relax, have refreshments and enjoy unlimited internet.
- The airport offers First Aid and professional medical care services.
- Travelers can purchase traditional delicacies and beverages from famous fast food chains like Costa Coffee, The Olive Tree and The Globe Bar & Kitchen in the airport.
- The airport also has duty-free shops for products like fragrances, cosmetics, fashion accessories etc, at the World Duty Free outlet in the airport.
- Business professionals can use airport’s meeting rooms (called Spitfire) for their presentations, and seminars etc.
- Those looking for bestsellers novels, music CDs and mobile phone chargers can visit WHSmith outlet at the airport.
Southampton Airport Ground Transportations
Southampton Airport is situated only 4 miles away from Southampton City Centre. Passengers can choose to travel using car rentals, taxi services, trains and buses to travel to/ from the airport.
- Passengers can choose from car rental services including - AVIS, Alamo, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, National, and Budget.
- Passengers can use Southampton Airport’s official taxi service called Checker Cars. They can pay for the services at the taxi booking desk, online or directly to the driver.
- Southampton Airport Parkway railway station is less than 100 steps away from the terminal building, and offers direct trains to Southampton Central every 10 minutes.
- Road transport is offered by Uni-link U1C buses.
Southampton Airport Parking
Southampton Airport has 4 different types of parking options- Short Stay Parking, Long Stay Parking, Priority Parking and season tickets. There is also an exclusive pickup and drop-off zone near the airport and it costs GBP 1 per 10 minutes.