New York city, also called - 'New York,' 'NYC." 'the Big Apple,' or just 'the City,' by locals is the most populous city in the United States. New York lies at the mouth of the Hudson River in the southernmost part of the state. The city is a center for media, culture, food, fashion, art, research, finance, and trade, and boosts one of the largest and most famous skylines on earth, dominated by the iconic Empire State Building. New York City consists of five boroughs featuring five separate counties - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. Each borough has a unique culture and could be a large city in its own right. Tourists in Toronto planning a trip to the New York City are advised to do advance bookings to enjoy cheap flights from Toronto to New York City.
Top Attractions in New York City
Here’re some top attractions for tourists booking flights from Toronto to New York City
- Wall Street
- Central Park
- Times Square
- Fifth Avenue
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Statue of Liberty
- The Frick Collection
- Statue of Liberty
- One World Observatory
- Radio City Music Hall
- Grand Central Terminal
- New York Public Library
- St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Broadway and the Theater District
- Rockefeller Center & Top of the Rock Observation Deck
Famous Festivals and Events in New York City
Here are some festivals worth attending for tourists booking flights from YTO to NYC -
- CityParks SummerStage
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Museum Mile Festival
- Feast of San Gennaro
- St Patrick’s Day Parade
- New York Chocolate Show
- Times Square New Year's Eve
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting
- New York International Fringe Festival
Interesting Facts about New York City
- Honking car honk is illegal in New York.
- The first European settlers in NYC were Dutch.
- The ice cream cone, pasta primavera and eggs Benedict were all invented in New York City
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world.
- Times Square is named after the New York Times. It was originally called Longacre Square until the Times moved there in 1904.
- More Chinese people live in New York City than any other city outside of Asia. More Jewish people live there than any other city outside of Israel.
Share your Travel Experience
Once you’ve visited the city, do share with us your experience through CheapOair.ca review section. Your tips and recommendation will be of immense help for other travelers. Have a happy trip!
FAQS for Booking Toronto to New York City Flight Tickets
Which is the best time to visit New York City?
New York City can be visited around the year. Early autumn offers crisp breezes, and comfortable temperatures. Spring season between March - May is another good time to visit the city. Summer season between June - August is hottest but is hugely popular time to visit the city especially among families with kids. The winter season between December and February is excellent to visit New York City when it is drenched in Christmas and New Year celebrations. Tourists planning a trip and looking to book flights from YTO to New York City are advised to book flights and hotels in advance to avoid paying more at the last minute.
What are the tricks to get cheap flights to New York City?
Use the tricks below to score cheap flights -
- Travel in a budget airline.
- Use air mile points to get cheap YTO to NYC flights.
- Set fare alerts to get the lowest flight discounts.
- Always search for flights in incognito or private browsing mode to see the lowest prices.
- Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays. Most travelers want to leave on a Friday so they can make the most of the weekend, and Sunday is a popular day to return.
How long does it take to fly from Toronto to New York City?
1h 21 minutes is the average flight time from Toronto to New York.
How many airlines fly direct from Toronto to New York?
There are 11 airlines that fly direct from Toronto to New York.
How many flights are there in a week from Toronto to New York?
There are 372 flights per week flying from Toronto to New York, as of August.
Frequently Asked Questions - Toronto to New York City Flights
When does the first flight of the day depart from YTO?
6:12AM Westjet Airlines Flight #6334
When does the last flight depart to NYC?
8:55PM Westjet Airlines Flight #728
What is the travel distance between Toronto and New York City?
What is the price range for flights from YTO to NYC?
How many weekly flights are there between YTO to NYC?
There are 124 weekly flights between YTO and NYC.
How many daily flights fly between Toronto and New York City?
There are 16 daily flights between YTO and NYC
Which is the busiest day in terms of passengers traffic between YTO to NYC?
In last 30 days, what %age of NYC visitors spent less than 3 days in the city?
Which is the nearest airport to New York City, New York?
Downtown Manhattan Heliport
Which is the nearest airport to Toronto, Canada?
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
What’s the cost of the cheapest return flight from YTO to NYC?